We’re looking to add to the MLB Trade Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration, draft pick compensation for free agents and international/draft spending limitations.
- Availability to regularly work a 5pm-12am CDT shift every Saturday is required. Sunday morning availability is a plus as well, and weeknight shifts may also become available.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. Hundreds will apply, so we cannot respond to most applications.
Lastly, in your application, please include the answer to this preliminary question: Which player(s) from the following list – A.J. Burnett, Scott Feldman, Matt Garza, Scott Kazmir, James Loney, Joe Nathan and Jarrod Saltalamacchia — did not meet the criteria to be eligible for a qualifying offer last October?