A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Zach Links continued the Draft Prospect Q&A series by profiling Louisville right-hander Nick Burdi. “I think what I can bring is just being a reliable relief pitcher,” Burdi told Zach. “I’m already comfortable in that role and I’m ready to be the seventh or eighth inning guy, know my place, and help a team out.” Burdi added he has modeled himself after closers Trevor Rosenthal, Aroldis Chapman, and Craig Kimbrel and “always watched the taller closers and followed what they did.“
- Jeff Todd asked MLBTR readers who will sign Kendrys Morales. Nearly 41% of you believe Morales will ink a deal to wear pinstripes.
- Charlie Wilmoth asked MLBTR readers who the Astros will take with the first overall selection when the draft begins Thursday. One-third of you predict Houston will call the name of North Carolina State left-hander Carlos Rodon.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report left-hander Mike Zagurski signed a minor league contract with the Blue Jays.
- Jeff confirmed the trade sending utilityman Jason Donald to the Rangers from the Royals.
- Steve Adams hosted this week’s chat.
- Zach compiled the latest edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.