Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Week In Review: 12/13/14 – 12/19/14
- Nexen Accepts Jung-ho Kang Posting Fee From Unknown MLB Team
- NL Notes: Friedman, Utley, Turner, Gattis, Kang, Furcal
- Giants To Acquire Casey McGehee
- Royals Release Carlos Peguero
- Padres, Red Sox Swap Hanigan, Middlebrooks
- Dodgers Release Brian Wilson
- Red Sox To Re-Sign Craig Breslow
- Latest On Troy Tulowitzki
- Padres Acquire Justin Upton
- Latest On Giants’ Search For Third Baseman
- Cubs To Sign David Ross
- Angels Release Shawn O’Malley
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Outrighted To Triple-A: Mercedes, Price
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Buck Coats Rumors
Let's take a look at today's notable minor league deals, with the most recent updates at the top:
- The Yankees signed Doug Bernier, Buddy Carlyle, Neal Cotts and Gustavo Molina to minor league deals, the team announced. The club officially announced its deals with Andy Sisco and outfielder-turned-pitcher Brian Anderson.
- The Pirates have welcomed back Donald Veal just two weeks after non-tendering him, Eddy tweets. Veal underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this year.
- The Rays picked up right-handed reliever Jonah Bayliss, according to Matt Eddy of Baseball America (via Twitter). Bayliss turned in a 3.58 ERA with 8.4 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9 for Houston's Triple-A club last season.
- The Athletics signed right-handed reliever Vinnie Chulk, tweets Eddy. Chulk appeared in 28 games for Pittsburgh's Triple-A affiliate in 2010 and spent the other half of the year with the Hiroshima Carp. His numbers overseas left much to be desired but the righty carries more than 250 games of big league experience.
- First baseman Andy Tracy has hooked on with the Diamondbacks, tweets Baseball America's Matt Eddy. The left-handed hitter, who turned 37-years-old on Saturday, has spent the last three years with the Phillies' Triple-A affiliate. In 2010 he hit .275/.373/.492, numbers that are slightly better than his career averages.
- The Nationals signed outfielder Jonathan Van Every, according to Eddy (via Twitter). The 31-year-old boasts a career .471 slugging percentage in Triple-A and can play all three outfield positions. Van Every played in 39 games for Boston's varsity squad across the last three years.
- Washington picked up another versatile, left-handed hitting outfielder in Buck Coats, Eddy tweets. Coats, who spent the first seven years of his career with the Cubs, has a lifetime slash line of .294/.352/.407 at the Triple-A level.
- The Cubs invited first baseman Bryan LaHair and outfielder Brad Snyder to Spring Training, according to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat (on Twitter).
Coats, 28 in June, was hitting .315/.377/.389 in 62 plate appearances for Kansas City's Triple-A affiliate, playing left field exclusively. He last played in the majors with the Blue Jays in 2008, and is a .193/.242/.333 career hitter in 62 big league plate appearances. Coats has played all three outfield spots extensively throughout out his career, and even dabbled with the infield a few years ago.
The Kansas City Royals have signed a pair of players, pitcher Josh Rupe and outfielder Buck Coats, to minor league contracts, according to a press release.
Rupe, 27, pitched four times out of the bullpen for the Texas Rangers last season, posting a 15.43 ERA and allowing 17 baserunners in just 4.2 IP. The right-hander was a little more successful for the Rangers in 2008, recording a 5.14 ERA in 89.1 IP of mostly mop-up duty.
Coats spent all of 2009 with Las Vegas, the Blue Jays' Triple-A affiliate, where he hit .302/.361/.416. In 62 career big-league plate appearances, the 27-year-old has posted a .193/.242/.333 line.
Rounding up some of the day’s random rumors and tidbits…
- Jose Guillen might get a light suspension for his exploits.
- There was a report that the Brewers were close to obtaining Joe Crede, but it was published last night.
- The BBWAA approved a new resolution for 2013. Any player with a contract provision linked to a major award of theirs will not be considered for that award. Makes sense – to repeat Curt Schilling’s situation. Curt Schilling could get a million bucks by netting one Cy Young vote in 2008. The BBWAA would rather preserve its right to have members make off-the-wall votes on occasion without bribery being accused.
- The Reds traded Buck Coats to the Jays. They also released Jorge Cantu. They now have an open spot on the 40-man roster.
- Could the Rays re-acquire Josh Hamilton? There’s speculation on the topic in Nashville.
- Buster Olney says Aaron Boone interests the Giants, Nationals, and Brewers.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Aaron Boone | Boston Red Sox | Buck Coats | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Curt Schilling | Joe Crede | Jorge Cantu | Jose Guillen | Josh Hamilton | Kansas City Royals | Milwaukee Brewers | San Francisco Giants | Tampa Bay Rays | Toronto Blue Jays | Washington Nationals