- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Reds Make Ryan Ludwick Available
- NL Notes: Phillies, Dodgers, Nationals
- Quick Hits: Blue Jays, Braves, Yankees, Byrd, Tigers, Padres
- Twins Unlikely To Deal Josh Willingham Before Deadline
- Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin
- Latest On Marlins’ Starting Pitching Search
- Cubs Moving Closer To Bonifacio Trade
- Quick Hits: Dodgers, Sox, Phils, Yanks, Indians, Cards
- Red Sox, Orioles Discussing Jon Lester
- Latest On Middle Infield Market
- Latest On Royals’ Pitching Search
- AL East Notes: Yanks, Danks, O’s, Harvey, Rays
- Visit HoopsRumors.com and ProFootballRumors.com
- Cubs Acquire Felix Doubront
- Dodgers Acquire Darwin Barney
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Chong Tae-Hyon Rumors
Chong Tae-Hyon won't be joining the Orioles' bullpen in 2012. The Korean reliever signed with the Lotte Giants of the Korean Baseball Organization after extended discussions with the Orioles, according to a Yonhap News Agency article passed along by Dan of MyKBO.net.
- Korean right-hander Tae-Hyong Chong is still mulling a contract offer from the Orioles, as well as one from a team in the Korean Baseball Organization, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. The O's have offered Tae-Hyon a two-year, $3MM deal, Connolly hears.
- Having acquired a backup catcher in Jeff Mathis, the Blue Jays will focus on adding a starting pitcher, a closer and a second baseman at the Winter Meetings, according to Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca. For second base, Davidi suggests the Jays could target Alberto Callaspo or Maicer Izturis if the Angels make one or both of them available, and they will keep tabs on the White Sox's Gordon Beckham, whom "they have long admired."
- The Yankees may be in the market for a second lefty out of the bullpen to go along with Boone Logan, and Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News suggests White Sox southpaw Matt Thornton could be a good fit. Thornton is under contract through 2013 and owed $11MM, with a $6MM club option or a $1MM buyout for 2014, and would probably only cost a fringe prospect at best to acquire, as the South Siders are looking to offload his salary.
The latest Orioles hot stove information…
- Right-hander Chong Tae-Hyon is still deciding whether to stay in South Korea or accept an offer from the Orioles, reports Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Connolly says the Orioles would likely offer a multiyear deal and a 40-man roster spot if Chong wants to be the first player to go from the Korea Baseball Organization directly to MLB.
- The Orioles will go to the Dominican Republic to watch Cuban center fielder Yoenis Cespedes work out, tweets Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com. The Nationals, Tigers, Angels, Red Sox, Cubs, Marlins have reportedly made the trip recently, and the list of suitors is much bigger than that.
- Orioles fans, check out MLBTR's Twitter, Facebook, and RSS pages for the team.
TUESDAY, 11:01pm: Peter Schmuck of The Baltimore Sun says the two sides are still finalizing some details and could have the deal wrapped up by Wednesday. An announcement is not imminent, and Tae-Hyon's physical will be delayed by Thanksgiving.
MONDAY, 9:13pm: The Orioles are close to a deal with Tae-Hyon, but haven't officially agreed to terms, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun (on Twitter). The right-hander would get a Major League deal, which means Baltimore will have to clear a 40-man roster spot.
This 2009 video shows Tae-Hyon facing the Dodgers in a warmup game for the most recent World Baseball Classic .
4:40pm: The Orioles are trying to sign Tae-Hyon, according to Knobler (on Twitter). GM Dan Duquette acknowledged the team's interest, but wouldn't say that the sides have completed a deal, according to MLB.com's Brittany Ghiroli (on Twitter).
12:45pm: The Orioles have been talking to Korean free agent reliever Chong Tae-Hyon, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. According to Korean reports, Tae-Hyon has stopped all talks with his old team, the SK Wyverns, and wants to come to MLB. Stories of the Orioles' interest first surfaced last week in Korean newspapers, which you can read here and here. Click here to see a video of Tae-Hyon facing the Dodgers in a pre-World Baseball Classic warmup game in 2009.