- A.J. Burnett May Miss Rest Of Season
- Red Sox President Larry Lucchino To Be Replaced
- C.J. Wilson Likely Out For Season
- Dodgers, Braves, Marlins Complete 13-Player Trade
- Blue Jays Designate Danny Valencia, Ezequiel Carerra
- Orioles Designate Chris Parmelee
- Mets Acquire Yoenis Cespedes
- Pirates Acquire J.A. Happ
- Rangers Acquire Sam Dyson From Marlins For Tomas Telis
- Cubs Acquire Tommy Hunter For Junior Lake
Trade Rumors Apps
Weekly email list
- Notable August Trades: 2012-14
- NL East Notes: Mets, Wheeler, Bour, Capps, Braves
- Cubs Option Yoervis Medina
- How August Trades Work
- Rockies To Promote Jon Gray
- Quick Hits: Kasten, Mariners, Prospects
- Rangers Notes: Harrison, Daniels, Hamels, Gallardo
- East Links: Valencia, Lucchino, Utley, Espinosa
- AL Central Notes: Dombrowski, Tribe, Samardzija
- NL West Notes: Kennedy, Preller, Leake, Tulo
- Minor Moves: Cards, Carpenter, Murphy, Clemens
- NL Central Notes: Cards, Melvin, Pirates, Kang
- Rays To Demote Matt Moore
- Red Sox To Promote Henry Owens
- Dan Haren “Probably” Retiring After 2015 Season
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Clint Everts Rumors
Here's a look at today's minor moves, courtesy of Baseball America's Matt Eddy..
- The Red Sox have signed left-hander Matt Maloney to a minor league deal, according to Eddy. The 29-year-old has spent time in the big leagues in each of the past four seasons and owns a career 3.83 ERA with 7.5 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in Triple-A.
- The Mets have re-signed left-hander Justin Hampson, Eddy writes. The 32-year-old posted a 2.33 ERA with 8.1 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 for Triple-A Buffalo in 2012. Hampson also saw time in 13 big league games last season for the Mets and a combined 74 for the Padres in 2007 and 2008.
- The Phillies released shortstop Andres Blanco, according to Eddy. Blanco, 28, last appeared in the majors with the Rangers in 2011 and owns a career .255/.301/.333 slash line across six big league seasons.
- The Blue Jays re-signed right-hander Clint Everts, Eddy reports. Everts, who spent last season with Toronto's Triple-A affiliate, was taken with the fifth-overall pick in the 2002 draft by the Expos.
Here's where we'll track today's minor moves, most of which were reported by Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus on Twitter…
- The Rangers invited recent non-tender Fabio Castillo and catcher Chris Robinson to Spring Training, according to Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthwest.com (on Twitter). The Rangers signed former supplemental first round pick Zach Jackson, according to Goldstein.
- The Twins signed right-hander Daryl Thompson, Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune tweets. They also signed lefty Aaron Thompson, according to Goldstein.
- The Dodgers signed Shane Lindsay.
- The Reds signed Kanekoa Texeira.
- The Pirates signed lefty Kris Johnson.
- The Giants signed Joaquin Arias.
- The Mariners signed catcher Guillermo Quiroz.
- The Blue Jays signed 2002 first rounder Clint Everts.
- The Rays signed right-hander Matt Torra.
- The Mets announced the signing of left-hander Chuck James, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com (on Twitter). James appeared in eight games for the Twins this past season, and spent most of the season at Triple-A. The 30-year-old posted a 2.30 ERA with 9.6 K/9 and 3.9 BB/9 in 62 2/3 innings as a reliever for the Twins' top affiliate.
- The Padres released utility man Eric Patterson, tweets Matt Eddy of Baseball America.
- The Royals released righty Jake Rodriguez, tweets Eddy.
- The Red Sox released righty Miguel Gonzalez.
Full Story | 0 Comments | Categories: Aaron Thompson | Boston Red Sox | Chuck James | Cincinnati Reds | Clint Everts | Joaquin Arias | Kanekoa Texeira | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | Pittsburgh Pirates | San Francisco Giants | Seattle Mariners | Shane Lindsay | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Transactions | Zach Jackson
Everts, the fifth overall pick in the draft back in 2002, has appeared in 26 games for Double-A Binghamton this season and notched an unsightly 6.94 ERA through 35 innings. As usual, strikeouts aren't a problem for the right-hander (9.5 K/9 this season, 9.0 for his career), but he's walking 5.4 hitters and allowing 11.8 hits per nine innings.
Everts, the former pride of the then-Expos farm system, has struggled since undergoing Tommy John surgery in 2004.
JUNE 19: The Mets have acquired outfielder Jorge Padilla from the Blue Jays, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com (via Twitter). There's no word on what Toronto will receive on the deal at this time.
Padilla, 30, has a slash line of .330/.405/.459 with four homers for Toronto's Triple A affiliate this season. He came to the plate 26 times with the Nationals last year, picking up just three singles and walk. The Mets have assigned him to their Triple-A affiliate in Buffalo, so he'll presumably serve as extra depth.
WEDNESDAY, 2:42pm: Everts cleared waivers, tweets ESPN's Adam Rubin.
SUNDAY, 10:56am: The New York Mets have designated right-handed reliever Clint Everts for assignment, tweets Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork. The team made the move to clear a roster spot for Cuban lefty Raul Valdes.
The 25-year-old Everts had spent his entire career in the Montreal/Washington organization, before signing with the Mets this winter. He posted a 1.65 ERA in 60 innings over three levels in the minors last season.