- Chad Qualls Claimed On Revocable Waivers
- Feldman, Colon Clear Revocable Waivers
- Rays Pull Escobar Off Revocable Waivers
- Athletics Acquire Geovany Soto
- Indians Acquire Chris Gimenez
- Red Sox Sign Rusney Castillo
- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Garrett Richards Out 6-9 Months
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Dodgers Acquire Roberto Hernandez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Latest On Trade Market For Bartolo Colon
- Astros Pull Back Chad Qualls
- Placed On Revocable Waivers: Wednesday
- Minor Moves: Brignac, Aceves, Joseph
- Latest On Astros And Brady Aiken, Jacob Nix
- Manny Machado Likely Out For Season
- Yankees To Sign Chris Young
- Blue Jays Designate Sergio Santos For Assignment
- AL West Notes: Angels, Zduriencik, Chirinos
- Mat Latos, Mike Leake On Revocable Waivers
- Quick Hits: AFL, Sanchez, Breakouts, Prado
- Latest On Angels’ Search For Starter
- NL East Notes: Duda, Colon, Gonzalez, Stanton, Venters
- Angels Designate Wade LeBlanc For Assignment
- Mariners Extend GM Jack Zduriencik
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Frank Wren Rumors
Let’s swing through Ken Rosenthal’s latest column.
- Rosenthal names the Mets, Yankees, Rangers, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, and Cardinals as speculative fits for free agent second baseman Orlando Hudson. Obviously several of those scenarios would involve shuffling players to other positions or trades. The Yankees’ infield defense could certainly use the boost.
- Rosenthal considers Frank Wren’s midseason trip to Japan a sign that he might be active in that market.
- The Tigers may shop Magglio Ordonez for pitching this winter. Maggs will need fewer than 500 plate appearances next year to cause his 2010 and 2011 options to vest. So he’s essentially owed $48MM over three years.
- Don’t forget two other sluggers who may be available this winter: Prince Fielder and Ryan Howard. It works well for the Brewers and Phillies, as the free agent market is weak at first base.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Chicago White Sox | Cleveland Indians | Colorado Rockies | Detroit Tigers | Frank Wren | Magglio Ordonez | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Orlando Hudson | Philadelphia Phillies | Prince Fielder | Ryan Howard | St. Louis Cardinals | Texas Rangers
Braves GM Frank Wren chatted with fans today at MLB.com. A hot stove summary is below.
- Wren is working on various short-term options for center field, as he does not want to block his two center field prospects.
- Rumors that the Braves would sign Mike Lowell or trade for Ken Griffey Jr., which were silly from Day 1, were shot down.
- Octavio Dotel wants a multiyear deal, and Wren doesn’t seem to expect him back. The Braves do have interest in re-signing Ron Mahay though.
- Wren says that he won’t go after any more starters if the Braves sign Tom Glavine.
- There haven’t been any talks with Mark Teixeira regarding a contract extension yet.
Wow, they just keep on coming. According to Ken Rosenthal, Braves GM John Schuerholz will step down (to be announced at a press conference this afternoon). Schuerholz will serve as team president, so at least he can be consulted on moves. Assistant GM Frank Wren will take his place. Wren spent about a year as Orioles’ GM in ’99.
Sometimes I can be overly critical of GMs…but Schuerholz is awesome. This is a huge loss for the Braves. On the bright side, I’m sure Wren has learned a lot working under him.
Here’s a solid look at Wren’s brief time as Orioles GM. Not sure who the author is. Even with the concession that Peter Angelos did much meddling, Wren seemingly did a lousy job. Wren did not part on good terms with the O’s – he was fired and criticized in a public statement.