- Dodgers Acquire Darwin Barney
- Giants Acquire Jake Peavy
- Cardinals Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- David Price Rumors
- Troy Tulowitzki Rumors
- Jon Lester Rumors
- Matt Kemp Rumors
- Jonathan Papelbon Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Olney’s Latest: Marlins, Lester, Phils, Suzuki, Kemp
- AL Central Rumors: Miller, Gomes, Danks, Sox, Indians, Twins
- Jon Lester Rumors: Tuesday
- 2014 Trade Market Series
- Edes On Lester, Miller, Kemp, Lackey
- Dodgers Interested In John Lackey
- Central Notes: Pirates, Ruggiano, Pirates, Bastardo
- East Notes: Rays, Colon, Blue Jays, Beckham
- Mariners, Orioles Have Inquired On Lester
- West Notes: Jack Z, Angels, Padres, Dodgers
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- NL East Rumors: Marlins, Phillies, Byrd, Bastardo
- Mets Rumors: Alderson, Syndergaard, Dice-K
- Astros Open To Trading Keuchel, McHugh, Cosart
- Royals Acquire Hendriks, Kratz For Valencia
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Frank Wren Rumors
Let’s swing through Ken Rosenthal’s latest column.
- Rosenthal names the Mets, Yankees, Rangers, White Sox, Indians, Rockies, and Cardinals as speculative fits for free agent second baseman Orlando Hudson. Obviously several of those scenarios would involve shuffling players to other positions or trades. The Yankees’ infield defense could certainly use the boost.
- Rosenthal considers Frank Wren’s midseason trip to Japan a sign that he might be active in that market.
- The Tigers may shop Magglio Ordonez for pitching this winter. Maggs will need fewer than 500 plate appearances next year to cause his 2010 and 2011 options to vest. So he’s essentially owed $48MM over three years.
- Don’t forget two other sluggers who may be available this winter: Prince Fielder and Ryan Howard. It works well for the Brewers and Phillies, as the free agent market is weak at first base.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Chicago White Sox | Cleveland Indians | Colorado Rockies | Detroit Tigers | Frank Wren | Magglio Ordonez | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Orlando Hudson | Philadelphia Phillies | Prince Fielder | Ryan Howard | St. Louis Cardinals | Texas Rangers
Braves GM Frank Wren chatted with fans today at MLB.com. A hot stove summary is below.
- Wren is working on various short-term options for center field, as he does not want to block his two center field prospects.
- Rumors that the Braves would sign Mike Lowell or trade for Ken Griffey Jr., which were silly from Day 1, were shot down.
- Octavio Dotel wants a multiyear deal, and Wren doesn’t seem to expect him back. The Braves do have interest in re-signing Ron Mahay though.
- Wren says that he won’t go after any more starters if the Braves sign Tom Glavine.
- There haven’t been any talks with Mark Teixeira regarding a contract extension yet.
Wow, they just keep on coming. According to Ken Rosenthal, Braves GM John Schuerholz will step down (to be announced at a press conference this afternoon). Schuerholz will serve as team president, so at least he can be consulted on moves. Assistant GM Frank Wren will take his place. Wren spent about a year as Orioles’ GM in ’99.
Sometimes I can be overly critical of GMs…but Schuerholz is awesome. This is a huge loss for the Braves. On the bright side, I’m sure Wren has learned a lot working under him.
Here’s a solid look at Wren’s brief time as Orioles GM. Not sure who the author is. Even with the concession that Peter Angelos did much meddling, Wren seemingly did a lousy job. Wren did not part on good terms with the O’s – he was fired and criticized in a public statement.