- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies To Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Castillo, Martin, Mariners, Pirates
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- MLBTR Originals
- Minor Moves: P.J. Walters, Cutter Dykstra
- NL East Notes: Soriano, Utley, Kendrick, Eveland
- AL Notes: Indians, Astros, Kipnis, Aiken
- Cafardo On Hamels, Cruz, Hardy, Tomas
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Blue Jays, Tomas, Davis
- Quick Hits: Prospects, Lindor
- NL Notes: Mets Payroll, Martin
- Yankees Notes: Playoffs, Tanaka, Player Development
- Quick Hits: Castillo, Ryu, Dunn, Orioles
- Rosenthal’s Latest: Stewart, Orioles, Levine, Rockies
- AL Notes: Rodriguez, Hughes, Young
- Yasmani Tomas Showcase Scheduled For Next Week
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Henry Rodriguez Rumors
The Nationals announced that they have traded Henry Rodriguez to the Cubs in exchange for fellow right-hander Ian Dickson. The Nats designated Rodriguez for assignment last week in order to make room on the roster for Anthony Rendon.
Rodriguez, 26, has a 4.23 ERA with 9.3 K/9 and 6.1 BB/9 across parts of five big league seasons with the A's and Nats. He pitched 18 innings in relief for Washington this season, posting a 4.00 ERA with eleven strikeouts and 16 walks. While he has yet to find sustained success in the big leagues, Rodriguez has impressed with a 100 mph fastball in recent outings.
Dickson, 22, was taken in the 35th round of the 2011 draft by the Cubs. The youngster has a 6.88 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 in three starts and eight relief appearances for Chicago's Single-A affiliate this year.
If Major League Baseball is really hoping to suspend the 20+ players involved in the Biogenesis scandal, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal thinks the league will need more evidence than just the word of clinic founder Tony Bosch. It will be too easy, Rosenthal argues, for the players' representatives to claim that Bosch lacks credibility and that he is only naming names to avoid possible criminal prosecution and getting himself sued by the league.
Here are some news items from around the sport…
- "To be honest with you, all those years I got to free agency, I never thought about going somewhere else," David Ortiz tells WEEI.com's Alex Speier. "I feel like I'm a big part of these ball clubs. I feel like what I was asking for wasn't anything they couldn't give me. You look into situations, and I never had the feeling that I was going to go somewhere else, to be honest with you." Ortiz is off to a big start this season and is making good on the two-year, $26MM deal he signed to remain with the Red Sox last offseason.
- Jesse Crain and Addison Reed both aren't worried about possibly becoming trade bait this summer if the White Sox decide to rebuild, MLB.com's Scott Merkin reports. Merkin notes that the veteran Crain is the likelier of the two to be moved, and I'd argue that Chicago would only move Reed if they received a knockout offer.
- Aledmys Diaz is playing with a Mexican League team this summer and during the winter, MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez reports. The Cuban shortstop hopes to sign with a Major League team in February. Diaz drew attention from at least 10 teams last winter, though at least one team (the Twins) thought Diaz's asking price was "too high" and MLB was investigating whether Diaz was really 23 years old.
- Nationals manager Davey Johnson told reporters (including Mark Zuckerman of CSN Washington) that he expects both Henry Rodriguez and Zach Duke to be claimed by other teams. The two relievers were both designated for assignment by the Nats today.
Henry Rodriguez told James Wagner of the Washington Post (via Twitter) that he has been designated for assignment by the Nationals. The move is a part of a roster shuffle that will allow the Nats to promote Anthony Rendon and left-hander Ian Krol.
Rodriguez, 26, owns a 4.23 ERA with 9.3 K/9 and 6.1 BB/9 across parts of five big league seasons with the A's and Nats. He pitched 18 innings in relief for Washington this season, posting a 4.00 ERA with eleven strikeouts and 16 walks. Though he might not know where the ball is going, Rodriguez is the definition of a live arm, averaging around 100 miles per hour on his fastball in his last few outings.
Rodriguez was signed by the Athletics as an amateur free agent out of Venezuela in 2003, and was traded to the Nationals in the December 2010 Josh Willingham deal.