- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Jon Lester Rumors: Wednesday
- Dan Runzler Released To Pursue Opportunity In Japan
- Reds Make Ryan Ludwick Available
- NL Notes: Phillies, Dodgers, Nationals
- Quick Hits: Blue Jays, Braves, Yankees, Byrd, Tigers, Padres
- Twins Unlikely To Deal Josh Willingham Before Deadline
- Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin
- Latest On Marlins’ Starting Pitching Search
- Cubs Moving Closer To Bonifacio Trade
- Quick Hits: Dodgers, Sox, Phils, Yanks, Indians, Cards
- Red Sox, Orioles Discussing Jon Lester
- Latest On Middle Infield Market
- Latest On Royals’ Pitching Search
- AL East Notes: Yanks, Danks, O’s, Harvey, Rays
- Visit HoopsRumors.com and ProFootballRumors.com
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Matt Belisle Rumors
The Colorado Rockies offered third baseman Garrett Atkins $6.65MM, and Atkins asked for $7.95MM, Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports.
“Either way, it’s going to be a lot of money and I will be happy,” Atkins told Renck.
Atkins’ arbitration hearing date has been set, Renck adds, but both parties are keeping it secret to prevent advance research by the arbiters.
Renck also notes that starting pitcher Josh Fogg is still considering rejoining the Rockies. Fogg would receive a minor-league deal similar to Matt Belisle.
According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, free agent starter Josh Fogg has an invitation to rejoin the Rockies on a deal similar to Matt Belisle‘s minor league pact. Fogg would face significant competition for a job with the big league club, so he’s waiting to see if anything better surfaces. Renck notes that Belisle has an April out clause, which is not something the Rockies hand out lightly.
Renck adds that the Rox will watch Kris Benson throw Saturday but are unlikely to sign him. Ken Rosenthal said yesterday the Dodgers, Rangers, Padres, and D’Backs will also be in attendance. The Indians and Cardinals too, says Thomas Harding.
THURSDAY, 6:05pm: MLB.com’s Thomas Harding adds a couple names to Renck’s list. Second baseman Luis A. Gonzalez is a non-roster invitee and Josh Fogg "could return to the Rockies."
WEDNESDAY, 3:36pm: According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies re-signed outfielder Scott Podsednik to a minor league deal. Renck says the Rox also added Matt Belisle, Dan Ortmeier, Edwin Bellorin, and Cedrick Bowers on minor league deals. If he’s useful, the Rockies can retain Belisle in future seasons as an arbitration-eligible player.
2:01am: MLB.com has the official list.
10:05pm: Here is a list of players who were non-tendered today, and therefore became free agents.
- Aquilino Lopez
- Joey Gathright, John Bale
- Jamie Burke
- Joe Nelson
- Aaron Miles, Randy Flores, Tyler Johnson
- Norris Hopper, Gary Majewski, Matt Belisle
- Doug Mathis
- Daniel Cabrera, Lance Cormier
- Denny Bautista
- Ty Wigginton, Reggie Abercrombie
- Jonny Gomes
- Willy Taveras
- Takashi Saito, Scott Proctor, Yhency Brazoban, Angel Berroa
- Clay Hensley and Charlie Haeger
- Chris Britton and Justin Christian
- Tim Redding
- Chris Capuano
- Kevin Cash
- Chuck James
- Chris Burke, Robby Hammock, Wil Ledezma, Jeff Salazar
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Aaron Miles | Angel Berroa | Chris Burke | Chris Capuano | Chuck James | Clay Hensley | Daniel Cabrera | Denny Bautista | Joey Gathright | Jonny Gomes | Lance Cormier | Matt Belisle | Scott Proctor | Takashi Saito | Tim Redding | Ty Wigginton | Tyler Johnson | Wilfredo Ledezma | Willy Taveras
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is hearing a rumor that the Reds are "actively seeking a catcher." He speculates that Ryan Freel could be trade bait.
Fay’s note conveniently gels with some info from a Jeff Brantley radio appearance that a reader passed along. Brantley reportedly said the Reds have been scouting the Rangers’ Gerald Laird. On a not necessarily related note, Brantley also mentioned that they may look to trade Matt Belisle.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan recently wrote that the Rangers don’t intend to trade Laird despite some interest. On the other hand, Jon Daniels admitted in Sullivan’s article that he wouldn’t turn a deaf ear to anything. Laird is set to be the Rangers’ starting catcher this year. Jarrod Saltalamacchia would take on a smaller role or try Triple A.
The Reds could also consider trying to acquire San Diego’s Michael Barrett, who has played under Dusty Baker with the Cubs. Bengie Molina and Ramon Hernandez may also be available.