DL Apps + FB
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Padres Extend Seth Smith
- Angels, Pirates Swap Ernesto Frieri And Jason Grilli
- Central Notes: Indians, Royals, Rios, Twins, Willingham, Cards, Peavy
- East Notes: Lee, Hamels, Braves, Price, Orioles
- Relief Market Notes: Buyers, Red Sox, Tigers, Phils, Cubs, Cishek
- Minor Moves: Alderson, DeVoss, Stewart, Henderson
- Gammons On Zobrist, Uehara, Miller, Lester
- Tony Abreu Opts Out Of Contract With Giants
- Angels Sign John Buck
- Tommy Milone Asks For Trade
- Offseason Extensions For Towers, Gibson Were One-Year Deals
- Rockies Designate Jair Jurrjens For Assignment
- Twins, Suzuki Far Apart In Extension Talks
- Blue Jays Designate Sergio Santos For Assignment
- Top 11 Picks Will Be Protected In 2015 Draft
- Phillies Outright Koyie Hill, Designate Tony Gwynn Jr.
- AL East Notes: Johnson, Price, Cardinals, Lester
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Mitch Atkins Rumors
Today's minor moves…
- The Braves have signed right-hander Mitch Atkins, who had been pitching for the Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League, according to Chris Cotillo of MLBDailyDish.com. David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution confirmed the move (on Twitter). Atkins, 27, has had brief Major League experience with both the Cubs and Orioles. He had a 3.98 ERA in 43 innings for Somerset and has a 5.16 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9 in 520 Triple-A innings. He will be assigned to Double-A Mississippi.
- Reliever Alex Burnett has cleared waivers and has been assigned outright to Triple-A, according to the Cubs via Bruce Miles of the Daily Herald. Burnett had been designated for assignment Saturday to open a spot for Blake Parker. Burnett made only one appearance for the Cubs, after making just two for the Orioles.
- Seven players currently reside in DFA limbo: Ben Francisco of the Yankees, Edinson Rincon of the Padres, Mark Lowe of the Angels, Tyler Greene of the White Sox, Vinnie Catricala of the Mariners, Tyler Robertson of the Twins, and Quintin Berry of the Tigers.
Steve Adams contributed to this post.
Let's keep track of the day's minor league signings right here…
- The Nationals have signed right-hander Mitch Atkins, reports Matt Eddy of Baseball America (on Twitter). Atkins, 26, allowed ten runs in 10 2/3 innings for the Orioles last season, and has thrown a handful of big league innings in each of the last three years.
- The Rockies have signed catcher Steve Holm, tweets Eddy. The 32-year-old had two hits and a walk in 18 plate appearances for the Twins last year, his first big league action since 2009. Eddy notes that Holm is the sixth catcher Colorado has signed to a minor league deal this offseason.
Here are today's links as we await the Rookie of the Year announcements…
- I'll be in Orlando covering the GM Meetings this week. Follow @mlbtrorlando on Twitter for the latest news, quotes and observations from Florida.
- The Phillies have hired Ryne Sandberg to manage their Triple-A affiliate nearly 29 years after they traded the future Hall of Famer to the Cubs. Sandberg played 15 seasons in Chicago and nearly won the Cubs managerial job this winter.
- MLB.com's Todd Zolecki takes us back to 1982, when the Phillies sent Sandberg to the Cubs.
- The Orioles signed former Cubs pitcher Mitch Atkins to a minor league deal, according to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. The 25-year-old has solid minor league numbers and a 5.25 ERA in 12 big league innings.
- The D'Backs announced that Rico Brogna, who was appointed director of player development last month, resigned and will be replaced by Mike Bell.
- Arizona also announced the hiring of Billy Ryan as assistant GM. He will work on arbitration cases and draft bonus recommendations.
- Cliff Lee’s agent is one person who can skip the GM meetings altogether. “We're not going to have to go there to drum up interest," Darek Braunecker told Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York times explains that every team is looking for the next Aubrey Huff.
The Cubs have designated Mitch Atkins for assignment, according to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat (via Twitter). The DFA was part of a series of moves in Chicago, as the team also placed Tyler Colvin and Geovany Soto on the disabled list.
Atkins, who turns 25 next Friday, appeared in five games for the Cubs this year. The right-hander struck out a batter per inning, but recorded a 6.30 ERA and allowed 18 baserunners in just ten innings pitched. Atkins had more success for Triple-A Iowa, with a 3.63 ERA over 106.2 IP.