A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Steve Adams profiled Josh Harrison as a possible extension candidate and sees three years and $15-16MM as the parameters for a deal between the Pirates and the 27-year-old utilityman.
- Jeff Todd presented a Free Agent Stock Watch on Nationals infielder Asdrubal Cabrera and believes his performance down the stretch and in the playoffs will determine the market for his services.
- Charlie Wilmoth issued a Free Agent Stock Watch on Yankees third baseman Chase Headley.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to learn Wily Mo Pena, after spending three seasons in Japan, wants to return to MLB in 2015 and three teams are interested.
- Tim also broke the news left-hander Mike Zagurski asked out of his minor league contract with the Blue Jays and the club granted his request.
- Zach Links was the first to report infielder Matt Hague and right-hander Blake Wood would be placed on waivers by the Blue Jays and Royals, respectively.
- Jeff updated the progress players with a 2015 vesting option are making toward exercising those options.
- Jeff asked MLBTR readers whether the Orioles will extend qualifying offers to pending free agents Nelson Cruz, J.J. Hardy, and Nick Markakis. Nearly 47% of you predict the club will tender Cruz, but there is much less support for Hardy (28%) and Markakis (25%) receiving a QO.
- Zach assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.