Here’s the MLBTR writing team’s original content from the past week…
- The “Looking For A Match” series was in full gear this week, as MLBTR writers outlined the trade markets for several notable players. Jeff Todd looked at the possible suitors for the Tigers’ Ian Kinsler, Mark Polishuk explored which teams could make a play for Jose Abreu, Kyle Downing examined another big White Sox trade chip in Avisail Garcia, and Connor Byrne broke down the best fits to acquire Raisel Iglesias from the Reds.
- Eric Hosmer is the latest player featured in our Free Agent Profile series, with Connor accessing the pros and cons for teams interested in the longtime Royals first baseman.
- Now that the off-the-field drama seems to finally be concluded in Atlanta, Jeff discusses the challenges GM Alex Anthopoulos faces with his new team in the Braves’ Offseason Outlook entry.
- It’s a Free Agent Faceoff! Steve Adams compared Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn, the consensus top two “second tier” starters (behind Yu Darvish and Jake Arrieta) in this year’s offseason pitching market. In the poll attached to Steve’s comparison piece, over 58% of MLBTR readers preferred to sign Cobb over Lynn.
- In other polls from the past week, 19.59% of readers predicted Cobb would be the first of the players within the top ten of MLBTR’s Top 50 Free Agents list to sign a contract this offseason. Another Rays-related survey asked whether or not Tampa Bay would trade Chris Archer this offseason, with the “no” side winning by a slight 51.54% majority.