Tim Brown of Yahoo's MLB Experts Blog has a list of players GMs will be monitoring for trades in coming months:
- Devil Rays: Carl Crawford, Elijah Dukes, Al Reyes, Carlos Pena. Brown sees Dukes as the most likely trade candidate. Does his recent offense make that more or less likely? Both - it should increase the Rays' need to get rid of him but decrease the number of interested teams. The Rays probably knew about the incident with the 17 year-old girl before it became public. I expect TB to build around Crawford, but Reyes and Pena should be worth dealing. Bet the Tigers wish they still had Pena.
- White Sox: Mark Buehrle, Jermaine Dye. Brown names contenders for Buehrle: Phillies, Indians, Mariners. I just don't see Kenny Williams helping the Tribe though. Brown thinks Dye should stay in the AL, though other reports have NL West teams after him.
- Marlins: Dontrelle Willis, Miguel Cabrera. Of course this pair has been surfacing for quite a while now as the two expensive vets on a low-budget team. Brown notes the Yankees' love of Willis. I would be concerned for Dontrelle's ERA pitching as a Yankee. Brown believes an L.A. team could go after Cabrera, which would be exciting. But there really hasn't been buzz around Cabrera lately.
- Rangers: Eric Gagne, Sammy Sosa, Kenny Lofton. Brown names a slew of teams that could pursue Gagne: Indians, Tigers, Mariners, Braves, Mets, Yankees. The latter four haven't really gotten play as Gagne suitors yet. I think the Ms should really focus on boosting their rotation somehow. Their pen looked pretty good against the Cubs last night.
- Orioles: Steve Trachsel. You know what I think of Trax's sub-4 ERA.
- UPDATE: A second post from Brown names Omar Vizquel, Mark Grudzielanek, Jason Jennings, Brad Wilkerson, Brian Fuentes, Tadahito Iguchi, Ray Durham, and maybe Matt Kemp and James Loney as additional trade candidates.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tim Brown's Trade Candidates: