UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 5:49pm: Jayson Stark says the Mets haven't talked to the the A's or Orioles at all in Nashville, meaning no talks for Haren or Bedard as of yet.
FROM 12-4-07 at 8:05am:
What's cooking with the Mets? Let's round 'em up.
- Mark Hale reports that the Mets have advanced to "Round 2" of the bidding process for Hiroki Kuroda. They did this by indicating a ballpark of what they might offer but without actually making an offer. Hale says 8-10 teams are in on Kuroda, including the Royals, Phillies, Diamondbacks, and Mariners. The Ms reportedly have some kind of offer out to him, either 3/30 or 4/44. The Phils are said to have an offer out as well. Hale doesn't name the Dodgers but it's been said they're getting aggressive on him too. The Cubs and Rangers are other teams that have been connected to Kuroda.
- The Mets appear to have mild interest in Livan Hernandez, perhaps as a fallback innings-eater option. The Phillies, Cardinals, Nationals, and Astros are other known suitors for Livan.
- The big fish are still out there in Johan Santana, Erik Bedard, and Dan Haren. The Mets won't include Jose Reyes, David Wright, or Carlos Beltran in any deal. It's been said that a Carlos Gomez/Aaron Heilman/Philip Humber package was offered for Bedard and rejected.
- Dan Graziano says the Mets also inquired on Dontrelle Willis, Ben Sheets, and Roy Oswalt and were told none of the three are available. Graziano adds that the Mets are looking into signing Bartolo Colon.
- Omar Minaya will meet with the agents for Octavio Dotel and Shawn Chacon today.
- Minaya disputes Ken Rosenthal's report that he sought an extension from the Mets and didn't get one. Ownership told him he'll be there "a long time."
- Though they didn't want him in the Lastings Milledge deal, the Nationals are interested in acquiring Johnny Estrada for their catcher vacancy. Damian Miller is also known to be a target of Jim Bowden's.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Mets Rumors: Kuroda, Livan, Estrada, Colon: