Here are this morning's random rumors and links.
- Matt Mantei will throw for the Tigers this week, and hopes to get a minor league deal. The 34 year-old hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2005 for Boston.
- The D'Backs will watch Keith Foulke throw later this month as he attempts his comeback after a year off. The Indians and Red Sox are other teams Foulke may have special interest in.
- The Mariners signed Miguel Cairo in an effort to push incumbent second baseman Jose Lopez. Cairo has a career line of .267/.315/.367, while Lopez is at .261/.295/.379. Cairo is the lesser of two evils, I guess.
- Andy MacPhail is talking about (or at least posturing that) he's going to start looking to fill holes via free agency since he's not getting the right trade offers. I imagine Octavio Dotel is still on the Orioles' radar to close.
- The Rangers were close to signing Eddie Guardado in December, and now they're...still close.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Mantei, Foulke, Cairo, Guardado: