FOX’s Ken Rosenthal checks in with the latest buzz from Spring Training.
- The Mets, Cardinals, and Orioles are listed as possibilities for Kyle Lohse. However, the Mets may deem him unnecessary, reports are conflicting on the Cards’ interest, and the Orioles are wary of the price.
- Rosenthal says Rafael Furcal‘s agent met with Ned Colletti a few days ago, but the Dodgers would likely want to see Furcal return to form before entertaining an extension. Click here to see the other shortstops eligible for free agency after the ’08 season. The Dodgers may have a viable replacement for Furcal in defensive whiz Chin-Lung Hu.
- Rosenthal notes that the Yankees, in search of a right-handed outfielder, considered Shannon Stewart and Mike Cameron this winter.
- Kenny Lofton‘s chances of a getting the big league deal he wants with the Reds or Twins look slim.
- The rumor going around for Corey Patterson is the Marlins, if the price is right.
- Rosenthal confirms two additions for our 2008 Out Of Options list - Gabe Gross and Clint Barmes.
- Rosenthal says the Mets need a right-handed hitter who can play left field and first base. Here are some names I came up with: Ryan Ludwick, Xavier Nady, Matt Murton, Franklin Gutierrez, and Kevin Millar. Granted, not all those guys know their way around first base.