Since I started this website in November of 2005, I’ve pretty much just covered the topics I wanted to. Here’s where we stand currently.
Topics MLBTR Covers
- Trade rumors and completed deals
- Free agent rumors and signings
- GM hirings/firings
- Amateur draft (trying this out for the first time, and liking it)
Topics MLBTR Does Not Cover
- Manager hirings/firings (just never interested me)
- Callups and demotions, unless they have direct hot stove implications
- Injuries, unless they have direct hot stove implications
- Miscellaneous baseball news (for example stadiums, uniforms, no-hitters, milestones, off the field incidents)
I wouldn’t say I’ve never dabbled in these topics, but for the most part I avoid them. My take is that people want MLBTR to aggregate articles in a specific niche, and stick to what we do best. I made the exception for the June draft because it does interest me and readers wanted it.
What do you think, should we change any aspect of our coverage?