Let's take a look and see what is being said about the first round selections from day one of the Rule 4 Draft...
- Keith Law calls this year's first round "unusual in a number of ways," noting that more than half of the picks were college relief pitchers, corner infielders and catchers, three areas that usually get little attention in the first round. Law also gives us his choice for the team that made the best pick (Rockies), the worst picks (Seattle, Minnesota) and the teams that picked players that could reach the big leagues quickly (Seattle, Detroit, Arizona, Chicago, Baltimore).
- Baseball America has their first round recap with a look at each of the draftees.
- Minor League Ball gives us their thoughts on a few sleepers from the 4th and 5th round of the draft.
- The D-Backs top pick seems to be the most vocal draftee in terms of wanting to be in the big leagues this season.
- Buster Olney provides a complete collection of local media reactions to each of the first round draft picks (will need an ESPN Insider password).
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Draft Recap: