Who's in the running to replace Bill Bavasi in Seattle long-term?
- Interim GM Lee Pelekoudas is in the running. But as Bavasi's former righthand man and assistant GM, he'd be an odd choice.
- Tigers assistant GM Al Avila was considered for the Mariners' job back in '03 and would love the opportunity.
- Keep in mind that the long-term GM will probably not be hired until after the season. Ken Rosenthal speculates on Brian Cashman, Kevin Towers, A's assistant GM David Forst, and D'Backs director of player personnel Jerry Dipoto.
- Statistically Speaking discusses the Chris Antonetti possibility (he's Cleveland's assistant GM).
- Larry Stone has all sorts of ideas. Aside from those already mentioned here, he tosses out Pat Gillick (unlikely), Gerry Hunsicker, Kim Ng, Dan Evans, Bob Watson, Peter Woodfork, A.J. Hinch, Tony LaCava, Jed Hoyer, Ben Cherington, Jim Duquette, and Paul DePodesta.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Possibilities For Seattle GM Position: