Time for a new Ken Rosenthal column.
- Rosenthal reminds us that, among other things, Adam Dunn played with a broken hand for a couple of months in '05. So maybe he does like baseball. It's not fair to criticize a player's passion simply because he doesn't make the right facial expressions or throw tantrums (not saying J.P. Ricciardi did this, but many fans do).
- Mark Teixeira might be looking for eight years and $160MM. Rosenthal says not to count his hometown Orioles out, though they aren't the most likely suitor.
- Brian Cashman "seems likely to sign a contract extension" with the Yankees. Omar Minaya's job is safe.
- The Rockies might trade Brian Fuentes even if they're in contention. Add the Rays to the list of teams interested in him. The Rox still like the Mets' Aaron Heilman, by the way.
- The Braves are out of the starting pitching market, content with internal options.
- If the Brewers are to shop Prince Fielder, they'll likely wait until the offseason. Could be a fun rumor to follow this winter.
- Orioles relievers Jamie Walker and Chad Bradford both can be had (both are signed through '09).
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Cashman, Fuentes, Braves, Fielder: