- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Adam Dunn To Retire After Season
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- 2014-15 Free Agent Leaderboards
- Red Sox Notes: Tomas, Castillo, Uehara, Alvarez
- Astros Notes: Managers, Appel, Martinez, Rasmus
- Mets Links: Tomas, Payroll, Backman
- NL West Notes: Trumbo, Pennington, Maybin
- NL Central Links: Cueto, Arrieta, Zarraga, Brewers
- Multiple Teams Change Minor League Affiliations
- Rangers Notes: Washington, Young, Manager, Tomas
- Nationals Claim Pedro Florimon From Twins
- Nationals Designate Eury Perez For Assignment
- West Notes: Deadline, D’backs, Gibson, Stewart, Angels
- East Notes: Rasmus, Gee, Flores, Tomas
- Central Notes: Aramis, Indians, Perkins
- Phillies Notes: Burnett, Tomas, Offseason Needs
- AL East Notes: Walker, Maeda, Uehara, Castillo, Melky, Rays
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
9:56pm: The early pull raised a few eyebrows, amid the Bengie Molina speculation. It remains speculation for now though.
9:18pm: Just heard from Will Carroll that the Marlins’ Mike Jacobs was pulled from the lineup this evening. Could just be a defensive substitution though.
9:28pm: Rosenthal says Maddux’s salary may pose a problem – the Dodgers don’t want to take it on while the Padres want to shed it. He’s still owed about $3.3MM.
5:28pm: The Dodgers have their eye on Greg Maddux as well, according to Buster Olney. Names are being exchanged.
3:43pm: From Ken Davidoff of Newsday:
The Indians are likely to trade starting pitcher Paul Byrd, with the Dodgers among the reported suitors.
The interest is surprising; the Dodgers were not thought to be after starting pitching. Byrd has about $2.7MM left on his contract and carries a 4.93 ERA in 20 starts.
MLB Trade Rumors received some nice press today, as Teddy Bloch wrote an article in USA Today. Check it out here!
5:59pm: Jayson Stark reports that the Rays and Pirates haven’t had much dialogue today, and that talks have slowed. The Pirates have backed off just a bit, but may want to see what happens with Manny Ramirez in case they can get the Red Sox interested.
3:16pm: Kovacevic has more. Brignac and Jeff Niemann‘s names are coming up in the Tampa Bay talks. ESPN’s Jayson Stark heard the same, and adds that Hellickson, David Price, and Wade Davis are off-limits.
The Cardinals are in on Bay but not John Grabow. Kovacevic says Colby Rasmus is untouchable, making the Pirates lean toward the Rays. He adds that the Mets seem out of the running.
1:23pm: The Pirates and Rays are still talking, with the Cardinals lingering. Dejan Kovacevic says Reid Brignac and Jeremy Hellickson are on the Bucs’ radar.
12:30pm: Heyman talked to one NL source who puts the chances of a Bay trade at 50-50. The Pirates are looking around to see if they can beat the Rays’ offer.
11:13am: SI.com’s Jon Heyman checks in on Bay. He says the Rays are flirting, while the Mets, D’Backs, and Cardinals are also in the mix. ESPN’s Buster Olney says the Rays and Pirates are "talking constructively to bridge the gap." Rays manager Joe Maddon admits some "very interesting stuff" is on the table.
8:43am: According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates are deep into talks with the Rays and other teams about left fielder Jason Bay. However, no "truly elite prospect" has been offered yet, and the chances are better than 50-50 that Bay stays. And who would move to right field for the Rays – Bay or Carl Crawford? The Braves are considered out of the mix.
Shortstop Jack Wilson seems likely to stay, while reliever John Grabow will probably be dealt.
According to Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle, the Astros acquired LaTroy Hawkins from the Yankees. The Yanks will receive minor league second baseman Matt Cusick in return. Does this set up a deal for another Astros reliever, or are the ‘Stros just trying to close the 9.5 game wild card gap?
Here’s a look at the fresh rumors from Dan Graziano of the Newark Star-Ledger.
- The Yankees, Tigers, Rangers, and Rays have talked to the Mets about Scott Schoeneweis. The Mets might prefer to acquire a replacement if they move Schoeneweis. Arthur Rhodes is one possibility if he doesn’t end up in Florida. Geoff Baker believes it’s down to the Marlins and Brewers for Rhodes, with the other getting Eddie Guardado.
- The Yanks might have to acquire a reliever now that they’ve dealt Kyle Farnsworth. Rhodes isn’t on their radar though.
- The Ivan Rodriguez trade could kick off other trades for catchers.
- The Yankees have been getting calls on Carl Pavano. One unconfirmed rumor has the Mets interested.
6:41pm: Dan Graziano says the Yankees aren’t looking at other starters. They’re waiting to see if the Mariners will drop their price on Washburn. They may try to acquire him in August.
11:17am: SI.com’s Jon Heyman says the Ms are asking for quite a bit for Washburn – two of one NL team’s top prospects, for example. Meanwhile, Buster Olney talked to one exec who speculated that Washburn might make sense for the Mets.
9:42am: I spoke too soon – the Rockies are indeed interested in Washburn. Tim Redding and Josh Fogg are a couple other names on the radar.
Ken Rosenthal characterizes the Fogg interest as legit, but feels that the Ms are just trying to stir Colorado’s interest in Washburn.
9:29am: According to Ken Davidoff of Newsday, the Yankees’ trade talks for Jarrod Washburn are dead. The Yanks will turn to Ian Kennedy, Phil Hughes, and maybe Freddy Garcia. They can also rekindle the Washburn talks in August if they think he will clear waivers (most do).
I am surprised other teams aren’t looking more seriously at Washburn given the weak market for starting pitching. The Rockies, White Sox, and Mets would all make sense.
5:33pm: ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick talked to a baseball source who finds Zaun to Florida unlikely, on account of the money owed to the catcher.
12:18pm: Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that the Marlins inquired on Padres catcher Josh Bard yesterday. However, Bard is under team control through 2010 and the Marlins weren’t offering nearly enough.
11:48am: An unconfirmed report is floating about that the Marlins might have interest in bringing back catcher Gregg Zaun. It couldn’t take too much to pry him loose.
Also, I can’t pass up an opportunity to link to Zaun’s website. Make sure to bring your Z-game and also turn the sound on for some G&R.
Some additional notes from ESPN’s Jayson Stark:
- The Mariners still want Jon Niese and another prospect for Raul Ibanez; the Mets are not biting. Similar situation with the Ms asking the Cubs for Felix Pie and another player.
- The Mets aren’t in on Jarrod Washburn or Tim Redding.
- The Marlins are making it clear that there is no done deal for Arthur Rhodes. Clark Spencer had written the Fish "could be closer" to a deal for Rhodes than a catcher. Stark says the Mariners are driving a hard bargain for Rhodes, with the Red Sox, Marlins, Phillies, Brewers, Tigers, Mets, Cardinals, and Rays checking in.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Arthur Rhodes | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Detroit Tigers | Felix Pie | Jarrod Washburn | Jon Niese | Miami Marlins | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | Raul Ibanez | Seattle Mariners | St. Louis Cardinals | Tampa Bay Rays | Tim Redding | Washington Nationals
In a surprise move, the Yankees have acquired catcher Ivan Rodriguez from the Tigers for Kyle Farnsworth according to Buster Olney. The move should save Detroit about $2.6MM and could help their ‘pen.
Nice pickup for New York, plus he’s a Type A free agent if they want to risk offering him arbitration.