Non-Manny notes from Jon Heyman’s latest…
- The Angels and Mets "appear hesitant" to give Francisco Rodriguez five years. There’s not an obvious suitor to overpay K-Rod, but the Mets are the closest.
- Heyman sees Brian Fuentes getting about $11MM per year. Ken Rosenthal recently suggested even more money.
- Doug Melvin could become a candidate for the Mariners job if the Brewers aren’t able to extend him. Doesn’t seem to make sense since Melvin is signed through 2009.
- Heyman believes Chris Antonetti in Cleveland is contractually guaranteed the GM job in the future.
- The Dodgers will try to re-sign Rafael Furcal, no surprise there.
- A scout sang the praises of Hank Blalock‘s second-half hitting (.281/.324/.532 after the break). Blalock may be on the trading block.