Links for Thursday…
- Peter Abraham takes a look at the Yankees’ first base options. The Royals could match up on a trade, if the Yanks are willing to try an unproven player.
- A pair of free agent bargains from Dave Cameron: Randy Johnson and Derek Lowe. What kind of salary will Lowe command?
- Free agent reliever Will Ohman hopes to remain in Atlanta.
- Braves GM Frank Wren has already talked to every team about his needs in left field and the rotation.
- Nick Piecoro looks at the D’Backs’ offseason needs. Will there be room in the budget to make the necessary improvements?
- The A’s have five days to decide on Alan Embree‘s $3MM option, according to Susan Slusser. Embree profiles as a Type B free agent.
- The Padres have ten days to decide between Brian Giles‘ $9MM option and his $3MM buyout. It’s an easy call to exercise the option.