Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star has the latest on the Royals.
- The Royals signed Esteban German to a one-year deal.
- If they’re going to sign Rafael Furcal, club officials say they’d have to trade away Jose Guillen to free-up money, yet there was “scant interest” in Guillen at the Winter Meetings.
- However, the Royals are willing to offer Furcal a four-year deal, something the Dodgers have been reluctant to do.
- The Kyle Farnsworth deal includes a club option for 2011.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore insists that Mark Teahen is staying put.
- Their payroll is down to $70MM after non-tendering John Bale, Joey Gathright, Jason Smith and Jairo Cuevas.