The latest from SI.com's Jon Heyman:
- Some baseball people believe Omar Minaya will bring Pedro Martinez back to New York once Oliver Perez signs. Minaya loves Pedro and Pedro may prefer to return to the Mets
- The Phillies have about $3MM left to spend; Heyman wonders whether Moises Alou would sign for that kind of money.
- The Phillies have also considered Rich Aurilia and Nomar Garciaparra, but Aurilia may simply return to the Giants if they have room for him.
- Heyman says Ivan Rodriguez makes the most sense for the Marlins, but adds that they have little money to spend.
- Jeff Moorad's attempt to buy the Padres will almost certainly go through.
- Heyman makes one clarification about Milton Bradley's deal after viewing the contract. It's a two year $20MM deal with an option for a third year that kicks in if Bradley spends fewer than 75 days on the DL this year.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Heyman's Latest: Pedro, Alou, Pudge: