The Diamondbacks are 13-21, already 9 games behind the Dodgers in the NL West. They may be willing to trade several veteran players in the coming months; let's take a look.
- Eric Byrnes, OF - $8.7MM remaining in '09, $11MM in '10, no-trade protection. The 33 year-old outfielder is hitting .207/.257/.413 in 102 plate appearances on the season. Most teams probably view this as a $20MM commitment to a fourth outfielder, so the D'Backs would have to accept another bad contract in return to move Byrnes.
- Doug Davis, SP - $6.9MM remaining in '09. If you're wondering what type of pitchers might be available in July, Davis is a great example. The 33 year-old southpaw has a 3.25 ERA in 44.3 innings. He's improved his control, but is fortunate to have a .263 batting average on balls in play.
- Jon Garland, SP - $4.94MM remaining in '09, $10MM mutual option for '10 with a $2.5MM buyout if club declines or a $1MM buyout if Garland declines. If Garland is traded, his new club cannot offer him arbitration if he's a Type A free agent. The 29 year-old righty has a 5.18 ERA in 41.6 innings. His walk and strikeout rates have surprisingly moved in the wrong directions upon switching to the NL. He may be tougher to trade than Davis.
- Felipe Lopez, 2B - $2.77MM remaining in '09. Lopez picked up where he left off with the Cardinals - .328/.390/.504 in 146 plate appearances this year. He's even been above average defensively, according to UZR. Lopez is represented by Scott Boras and is only 29, so he's primed for a big free agent contract. He could be a useful addition for the White Sox or Twins.
- Chad Tracy, 1B - $3.75MM remaining in '09, $7MM option with a $1MM buyout for '10. Tracy is off to a slow start at .207/.239/.366 in 88 plate appearances.
- Scott Schoeneweis, RP - Mets paying $1.6MM of his $3.6MM '09 salary. He's done his job, holding lefties to a .182/.217/.318 line. He might make sense for the Cubs.
- Jon Rauch, RP - $1.58MM remaining in '09, $2.9MM club option for '10. Rauch has been terrible since joining the D'Backs last year - a 6.76 ERA in 37.3 innings.
- Tom Gordon, RP - $500K salary plus incentives. Flash, 41, is back on the DL with a hamstring injury.
- Role players Tony Clark and Augie Ojeda could also be made available.
Rockies To Sign Boone Logan Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox Re-Sign Mike Napoli
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
D-Backs Acquire Todd Glaesmann To Complete Heath Bell Trade Cubs Claim Liam Hendriks Rays Interested In Juan Uribe David Ortiz, Red Sox Talking Extension Tigers Sign Joba Chamberlain Braves To Sign Mat Gamel Indians, David Adams Agree To Major League Deal Mets, Brewers Still Talking Ike Davis Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin Twins Sign Jason Kubel Tigers Designate Danny Worth For Assignment Diamondbacks To Re-Sign Daniel Hudson Rockies To Sign Boone Logan $5,000 Weekly Fantasy Football Contest From DraftStreet Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors