Jon Heyman of SI.com says Joe Girardi and Jim Tracy have no guarantees beyond this year. Manny Acta and Eric Wedge, who have both been on the hot seat lately, have no guarantees either. Here are Heyman's latest rumors:
- The Tigers could acquire a pitcher, a hitter, or both. For now, GM Dave Dombrowski says they're "monitoring" the market.
- Heyman applauds the Tigers for drafting Rick Porcello and trading for Edwin Jackson.
- Indians GM Mark Shapiro on the chances he deals Cliff Lee: "unlikely to almost impossible."
- The Rangers and Phillies are two contenders who could overwhelm the Indians with a prospect-rich offer for Lee.
- Matt Holliday, who Heyman calls "the most likely star to be traded," makes $13.5MM this year, so the A's may have to pick up some salary if they deal him, especially if they want to receive top prospects in return.
- The Mets deserve credit for finding Fernando Nieve on the Astros' scrap heap.