MLBTR's own Eddie Schmid started posting this special little feature a couple weeks ago and it drew a nice response. I'm just a thief. This day in MLBTR history: On June 23, 2008, the bidding war was heating up for 16-year-old pitching phenom Michael Inoa. He, of course, eventually signed with the Oakland A's.
A couple more links for Tuesday evening...
- Marc Craig of the Newark Star-Ledger notes that Cody Ransom's 60-day stay on the disabled list will end Wednesday. At that point, the Yankees either have to add him to the 25-man roster or designate him for assignment and risk losing him to another club.
- The Boston Globe's Bob Ryan is almost ready to call Daisuke Matsuzaka a bust. The Japanese import is 1-5 this season with an 8.23 ERA and 2.20 WHIP. Sure, he was solid last year, but keep in mind the Red Sox shelled out $103MM to land him.
- Matthew Pouliot of NBCSports.com and Rotoworld fame lists 10 outfielders who are "most likely to be traded" this season. Matt Holliday tops the list, followed closely by Ryan Spilborghs, Jeff Francoeur and Cody Ross.
- As the fellas over at "The Rays Party" point out, 2005 first-round pick Wade Townsend has decided to call it a career. The right-hander out of Rice University battled all sorts of injuries during his four-year minor league campaign.
- The Baltimore Sun's Peter Schmuck suggests a few moves the Orioles could make at the trade deadline. "Keep Aubrey Huff... Listen to offers for George Sherrill... Don't listen to offers for Cesar Izturis," he writes.