ESPN.com's Buster Olney writes that it "is said by others" that Dodgers GM Ned Colletti is searching for pitching. Olney outlines the heavy workload endured by the Dodgers' bullpen early on, and wonders how it will hold up down the stretch.
Here's some other bits that Olney's heard:
- The Yankees are unlikely to trade Nick Swisher or Xavier Nady when the latter returns from an elbow injury because of the club's needs. Olney also mentions that they wouldn't be able to get full market value for Nady because of his injury.
- The Yanks did discuss Nady with other clubs during the offseason after signing Mark Teixeira.
- Several teams walked away from Pedro Martinez's workout yesterday unimpressed and uninterested in signing him.
- Olney says that several teams would be interested in the future Hall of Famer if he decides to pitch for something close to the pro-rated minimum with incentives, and is willing to work his way back up through the minors.
- Early talks between the Nationals and first overall pick Stephen Strasburg "are off to a sluggish start."