On this date one year ago, the Phillies traded three minor leaguers to the A's for Joe Blanton. He would go on to make 13 starts for the Fightins, finishing 4-0 with a 4.20 ERA. With only two weeks remaining before this season's trade deadline, let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere...
- MLB Notebook says it is time for the Indians to move Cliff Lee.
- The Ghost of Moonlight Graham breaks down the needs of the contenders as we approach the deadline.
- Drunk Jays Fans explains why Roy Halladay should be traded and why he will still be a Blue Jay in August.
- Talking Chop breaks down the Matt Holliday to Atlanta rumors.
- The Fowl Balls says the Yankees need to get Roy Halladay and is willing to part with Joba Chamberlain, Austin Jackson and others. Just not Phil Hughes.
- Viva El Birdos breaks down what it would cost the Cardinals to land Roy Halladay in terms of players and money.
- The Voice of Yankees Universe looks at some big names that could be moved and have an impact on the AL East.
- Jorge Says No! looks at whether Barry Zito's contract was the worst ever given to a pitcher.
- We're the Team to Beat wonders why Omar Minaya is still calling the shots for the Mets.