The Giants and Twins are interested in Freddy Sanchez, but no deal is imminent for the Pirates' second baseman. Here are the latest Sanchez rumors from Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports and Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Morosi says the Twins and Giants are interested, but would probably want to see Sanchez, who has missed the last six games with a back issue, prove his health before making a deal.
- The Rockies don't appear to have serious interest. That's hardly a surprise, given Clint Barmes' work at second base and Colorado's need for relievers.
- In addition to the Giants and Rockies, Kovacevic hears that the Pirates have spoken to as many as five teams.
- The Giants would move Jonathan Sanchez, but he would not be enough on his own.
- Both reporters identify an obstacle for interested teams: the vesting option that will allow Sanchez to make $8MM next year if he continues playing regularly.