- J.J. Hardy, Brewers. GM Doug Melvin admitted to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that it would be "very difficult" to keep both Hardy and Alcides Escobar on the roster. Due to an August demotion, Hardy is under team control for two more years (he earned $4.65MM in '09). He was very valuable in 2007-08, and the 27-year-old is easily the prize among all available shortstops (considering both trade targets and free agents). Despite Hardy's off year, expect Melvin to demand a quality starting pitcher in return.
- Stephen Drew, Diamondbacks. Drew popped up in one Tweet/rumor a month ago, but beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic heard a trade is very unlikely.
- Cristian Guzman, Nationals. Guzman had shoulder surgery this month, and the Nats intend to shift him to second base in 2010. Given the $8MM remaining on an extension Jim Bowden engineered, you have to think GM Mike Rizzo would listen to offers. UZR/150 says Guzman hasn't been a positive defensively since '04, but he hasn't been bad either.
- Maicer Izturis, Angels. There is no indication Izturis is available, but the Halos might be able to spare him or Brandon Wood given the emergence of Erick Aybar. Izturis could start at shortstop for several clubs. He will be eligible for free agency after the 2010 season.
- Brandon Wood, Angels. With 236 career plate appearances and 574 innings in the field, Wood is obviously less proven than Izturis. 2009 marked his third Triple A stint. Wood, 25 in March, remains an interesting trade target. The Angels, however, may be less inclined to let Izturis or Wood go if they fail to re-sign Chone Figgins.
- Reid Brignac, Rays. Brignac hasn't excelled offensively in the high minors, but Baseball America likes the 23-year-old's defense. Regarding his availability, MLB.com's Bill Chastain suggested in September that Brignac could have an expanded role with the Rays next year.
- Mike Aviles, Royals. Aviles had Tommy John surgery in August and hopes to be ready for Spring Training. The Royals currently have Yuniesky Betancourt and Alberto Callaspo in the middle infield, but Aviles is just a year removed from a .325/.354/.480 rookie performance. Perhaps he can be pried loose.
Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL East Notes: Orioles, Red Sox, Ellsbury Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors