- J.J. Hardy, Brewers. GM Doug Melvin admitted to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that it would be "very difficult" to keep both Hardy and Alcides Escobar on the roster. Due to an August demotion, Hardy is under team control for two more years (he earned $4.65MM in '09). He was very valuable in 2007-08, and the 27-year-old is easily the prize among all available shortstops (considering both trade targets and free agents). Despite Hardy's off year, expect Melvin to demand a quality starting pitcher in return.
- Stephen Drew, Diamondbacks. Drew popped up in one Tweet/rumor a month ago, but beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic heard a trade is very unlikely.
- Cristian Guzman, Nationals. Guzman had shoulder surgery this month, and the Nats intend to shift him to second base in 2010. Given the $8MM remaining on an extension Jim Bowden engineered, you have to think GM Mike Rizzo would listen to offers. UZR/150 says Guzman hasn't been a positive defensively since '04, but he hasn't been bad either.
- Maicer Izturis, Angels. There is no indication Izturis is available, but the Halos might be able to spare him or Brandon Wood given the emergence of Erick Aybar. Izturis could start at shortstop for several clubs. He will be eligible for free agency after the 2010 season.
- Brandon Wood, Angels. With 236 career plate appearances and 574 innings in the field, Wood is obviously less proven than Izturis. 2009 marked his third Triple A stint. Wood, 25 in March, remains an interesting trade target. The Angels, however, may be less inclined to let Izturis or Wood go if they fail to re-sign Chone Figgins.
- Reid Brignac, Rays. Brignac hasn't excelled offensively in the high minors, but Baseball America likes the 23-year-old's defense. Regarding his availability, MLB.com's Bill Chastain suggested in September that Brignac could have an expanded role with the Rays next year.
- Mike Aviles, Royals. Aviles had Tommy John surgery in August and hopes to be ready for Spring Training. The Royals currently have Yuniesky Betancourt and Alberto Callaspo in the middle infield, but Aviles is just a year removed from a .325/.354/.480 rookie performance. Perhaps he can be pried loose.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Offseason In Review: Pittsburgh Pirates Twins Still Have Offer Out To Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Orioles, Nationals, Manaea, White Sox MLBTR Originals Chase Headley Extension Remains Unlikely NL Notes: Medlen, Cubs, Padres, Rockies Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Ervin Santana Rumors: Sunday Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez AL Notes: Santana, O's, Porcello, Masterson, Rangers White Sox, Mariners Have Discussed Viciedo Deal Week In Review: 3/2/14 - 3/8/14 Cafardo On Stanton, De Aza, Porcello, Drew, Britton Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Orioles, Barnes, D'Backs Quick Hits: Astros, Beltran, Orioles
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors