Yesterday we took a look at the multi-year deals already given out this offseason, so let's change gears and take a look at the trades that were completed. Here's a list of the deals that have already gone down:
- The biggest deal of the offseason involved three teams and two Cy Young Award winners. The Phillies acquired Roy Halladay from the Blue Jays in exchange for prospects Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, and Travis D'Arnaud while shipping Cliff Lee to the Mariners for prospects Phillippe Aumont, Tyson Gillies, and J.C. Ramirez. The Jays then turned around and flipped Taylor to Oakland for another prospect, the suddenly well-traveled Brett Wallace.
- In another three team swap, the Yankees received Curtis Granderson, the Diamondbacks received Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy, and the Tigers received Max Scherzer, Phil Coke, and prospects Austin Jackson and Daniel Schlereth.
- The Yankees acquired Javier Vazquez and Boone Logan from the Braves for Melky Cabrera, prospects Mike Dunn and Arodys Vizcaino, and cash.
- The Cubs finally unloaded Milton Bradley, sending him to the Mariners for Carlos Silva.
- The Brewers and Twins swapped J.J. Hardy and Carlos Gomez.
- The Orioles reeled in Kevin Millwood from the Rangers, sending Chris Ray and their third overall pick in the Rule 5 Draft to Texas. The Rangers used the pick to take lefty relief prospect Ben Snyder from the Giants.
- The Pirates acquired Akinori Iwamura from the Rays for Jesse Chavez, who then sent Chavez to the Braves for Rafael Soriano after he accepted arbitration.
- The White Sox acquired Mark Teahen from the Royals in exchange for prospects Chris Getz and Josh Fields, then later acquired Juan Pierre from Dodgers for prospects John Ely and Jon Link. The Dodgers will pay $10.5MM of the $18.5MM owed to Pierre over the next two years.
- The Diamondbacks acquired Aaron Heilman from the Cubs for prospects Scott Maine and Ryne White.
- The Astros picked up Matt Lindstrom from the Marlins in exchange for prospects Robert Bono and Luis Bryan, as well as Houston's eight overall pick in the Rule 5 Draft. Florida used the pick to take third base prospect Jorge Jimenez from the Red Sox.
- The Rays acquired Kelly Shoppach from the Indians for a player to be named later, who turned out to be Mitch Talbot.
- The Blue Jays acquired Brandon Morrow from the Mariners in exchange for reliever Brandon League and prospect Johermyn Chavez.
- The Athletics picked up Aaron Miles, Jake Fox and cash considerations from the Cubs for Jeff Gray and prospects Matt Spencer and Ronny Morla.
- The Nationals picked up Brian Bruney from the Yankees in exchange for the first overall pick in the Rule 5 Draft. The Yanks used the pick to take outfield prospect Jamie Hoffmann from the Dodgers.
- The Red Sox acquired Boof Bonser from the Twins in exchange for prospect Chris Province, and Jeremy Hermida from the Marlins for prospects Hunter Jones and Jose Alvarez. Boston also traded a player to be named later or cash to the Royals for Tug Hulett.
- The Rangers acquired Clay Rapada from the Tigers for a player to named later of cash considerations.
- The Padres acquired catcher Dusty Ryan from the Tigers for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled AL Central Notes: Masterson, De Aza, Santana, Tigers NL West Notes: Jobe, Maybin, Headley, Betancourt 2013-14 Article XX(B) Free Agents Out Of Options Players: NL West Yasiel Puig Switches Representation Ervin Santana Rumors: Thursday
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors