- Rod Barajas, Mets. Not much was expected from Barajas in the OBP department, but a .194/.224/.355 line isn't going to cut it. Also, despite a three home run game and a .468 SLG, John Buck sits among the OBP trailers at .239. I liked the Gregg Zaun signing, but he's hitting just .220/.299/.288.
- Jerry Hairston Jr., Padres. Versatility doesn't mean much when you're hitting .231/.242/.246.
- Jonny Gomes, Reds. I liked this bargain signing, but Gomes isn't doing much at .214/.254/.375.
- Garrett Atkins, Orioles. He's losing playing time given a .238/.262/.302 start.
- Pedro Feliz, Astros. The left side of the Astros' infield is really struggling offensively. Infielders Orlando Cabrera, Jack Wilson, and Adam Kennedy are also excelling at making outs, while Mark DeRosa has shown no power.
- Nick Johnson, Yankees. Bizarre line for Johnson: .143/.385/.232. Even when nothing else is working, Johnson is second in MLB in walks. Chone Figgins has had a similar start.
- Ken Griffey Jr., Mariners. He's better than .226/.293/.245, but many opposed this signing from the start.
- Troy Glaus, Braves. He's at .200/.300/.300, and the Braves have to be pondering alternatives.
- Doug Davis, Brewers. He's basically allowed an earned run per inning so far.
- Todd Wellemeyer, Giants. The team's fifth starter has a 6.33 ERA through four starts.
- Trevor Hoffman, Brewers. Hoffman leads baseball with four blown saves; at some point the Brewers have to try someone else in the ninth inning.
- Jason Marquis, Nationals. He made three ugly starts and headed to the DL with an elbow injury.
- Rich Harden, Rangers. He leads baseball with 23 walks allowed.
- Vicente Padilla, Dodgers. He sports a 7.06 ERA and a forearm injury.
- John Grabow, Cubs. With a 7.04 ERA, Grabow hasn't been the setup man the Cubs envisioned. Brendan Donnelly, Octavio Dotel, and Bob Howry are also getting knocked around.
- Mike Gonzalez, Orioles. His terrible start led to a shoulder-related DL stint.
Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
East Links: Braves, Nolin, Wheeler, Wada Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Walker, Hughes, Vogelsong The Best Spring Training Additions Of 2013 Quick Hits: Beltran, D'Backs, Montero, Draft, Cashner AL Central Links: Indians, Moore, Schneider NL East Notes: Utley, Amaro, Rizzo, Braves Managerial Notes: Mattingly, Nationals, Roenicke Mets Links: Davis, Wheeler, Bargain Signings Dodgers Notes: Ethier, Mattingly, Puig, Pederson Red Sox Sign Rafael Perez Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment White Sox Place Angel Sanchez On Waivers Jocketty Discusses Choo Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Cherington On Ellsbury, Masterson, Theo
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors