- Rod Barajas, Mets. Not much was expected from Barajas in the OBP department, but a .194/.224/.355 line isn't going to cut it. Also, despite a three home run game and a .468 SLG, John Buck sits among the OBP trailers at .239. I liked the Gregg Zaun signing, but he's hitting just .220/.299/.288.
- Jerry Hairston Jr., Padres. Versatility doesn't mean much when you're hitting .231/.242/.246.
- Jonny Gomes, Reds. I liked this bargain signing, but Gomes isn't doing much at .214/.254/.375.
- Garrett Atkins, Orioles. He's losing playing time given a .238/.262/.302 start.
- Pedro Feliz, Astros. The left side of the Astros' infield is really struggling offensively. Infielders Orlando Cabrera, Jack Wilson, and Adam Kennedy are also excelling at making outs, while Mark DeRosa has shown no power.
- Nick Johnson, Yankees. Bizarre line for Johnson: .143/.385/.232. Even when nothing else is working, Johnson is second in MLB in walks. Chone Figgins has had a similar start.
- Ken Griffey Jr., Mariners. He's better than .226/.293/.245, but many opposed this signing from the start.
- Troy Glaus, Braves. He's at .200/.300/.300, and the Braves have to be pondering alternatives.
- Doug Davis, Brewers. He's basically allowed an earned run per inning so far.
- Todd Wellemeyer, Giants. The team's fifth starter has a 6.33 ERA through four starts.
- Trevor Hoffman, Brewers. Hoffman leads baseball with four blown saves; at some point the Brewers have to try someone else in the ninth inning.
- Jason Marquis, Nationals. He made three ugly starts and headed to the DL with an elbow injury.
- Rich Harden, Rangers. He leads baseball with 23 walks allowed.
- Vicente Padilla, Dodgers. He sports a 7.06 ERA and a forearm injury.
- John Grabow, Cubs. With a 7.04 ERA, Grabow hasn't been the setup man the Cubs envisioned. Brendan Donnelly, Octavio Dotel, and Bob Howry are also getting knocked around.
- Mike Gonzalez, Orioles. His terrible start led to a shoulder-related DL stint.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors