Some news from the city of Omar, McNulty and Stringer Bell…
- Former Oriole and current MASN broadcaster Rick Dempsey interviewed today for the club's managerial job, and Dempsey talked about the experience with Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Connolly notes that this is the fourth time Dempsey has been interviewed in regards to a managerial opening with the club.
- Connolly also reported that former Indians manager Eric Wedge had his second interview today.
- Earlier today, MLB.com's Brittany Ghiroli reported that Josh Bell's promotion doesn't mean that a Ty Wigginton or Miguel Tejada deal is imminent. In a more detailed blog entry, Ghiroli added this quote from Baltimore president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail: "I might have [a trade] on the horizon…We've had conversations, and the more you get close to the end of the month the more conversations you are going to have. But there's nothing right around the corner that I'm aware of."
- Ghiroli adds that MacPhail also denied that Cesar Izturis could be made available for a trade if Tejada was switched back to the shortstop position.
- ESPN's Buster Olney tweets that Wigginton "would be a great target" for the Phillies as a replacement for Chase Utley.