It's time to take a look back at the week that was..
- The Diamondbacks announced that they have hired Kevin Towers as their new GM. It was initially reported that interim GM Jerry Dipoto would not return to the organization, but it now seems that Towers has convinced him to stay. Dipoto will assume a "high-level" position with the club. Towers says that he hopes to bolster the club's bench and bullpen.
- Talks between Washington and Adam Dunn have picked up and the slugger believes that he'll be a member of the Nationals in 2011.
- This will be a pivotal offseason for White Sox slugger Paul Konerko as he heads into free agency. Konerko says that if he's not happy with what's available to him this winter, he may retire.
- On Tuesday the Cardinals released Felipe Lopez and the veteran was quickly claimed by the Padres. However, Lopez rejected San Diego's offer and instead signed with Boston. Part of Lopez's appeal to Boston is his Type B status.
- We haven't heard too much from Magglio Ordonez since he underwent season-ending surgery last month, but teammate Miguel Cabrera says that the veteran outfielder wants to return to Detroit.
- The Orioles could be in the mix to sign Victor Martinez.
- Colorado considered trading for a starter down the stretch but opted not to.
- The Mets reportedly have too much money committed to their current roster to pursue players such as Cliff Lee this winter.
- Postseason success won't affect the Rays' 2011 payroll.
- Top executives might want nothing to do with the Mets.
- The Brewers signed righthander Mark DiFelice to a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training.
- Veteran infielder Edgar Renteria may retire after this season.
- The Cubs DFA'd Mitch Atkins.
- I wonder if Cesar Carrillo keeps a bag packed at all times. The pitcher has now been claimed by the Astros.
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency Diamondbacks Outright Alex Sanabia
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors