As the sports world turns its attention to football for the evening, let's recap the original content we posted over the last week…
- Ben Nicholson-Smith gave us five facts about the Elias rankings while Tim Dierkes examined the contracts that the Beverly Hills Sports Council was able to find for their relief pitcher clients this winter.
- Ben also looked at Jeremy Guthrie's arbitration case, the Rays' 2011 draft, and listed the remaining free agent starters by innings pitched. He was on conference calls regarding Gil Meche's retirement and Armando Galarraga being designated for assignment, plus he gathered some thoughts about Joey Votto's new contract extension.
- I went back and listed all of the recent contract extensions signed on January 21st.
- This week's poll questions asked which free agent signing was the most surprising, and if you believe the Cardinals will work out an extension with Albert Pujols.
- The best of the blogosphere can be found in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Here is this week's chat transcript.
- Remember to check out our team and transactions-only feeds, and don't forget our Arbitration Tracker.