Time to recap the last seven days of original MLBTR content…
- Ben Nicholson-Smith provided a ton of original Blue Jays' coverage this week. He wrote about some recent comments made by GM Alex Anthopoulos, the team's eventual payroll boost, and their pursuit of bullpen depth. In the wake of the Vernon Wells' trade, I looked at Toronto's future payroll obligations.
- Ben also looked at four potential landing spots for Vladimir Guerrero, the 22 teams that have given out multiyear contracts this offseason, and ten arbitration cases to watch.
- Nick Collias reported that the Cubs signed a pair of Cuban players: outfielder Ruby Silva ($1.2MM) and catcher Yaniel Cabezas ($500K). MLBTR also reported that Ian Stewart had avoided arbitration with the Rockies.
- We started a new series looking at players who face a make or break year in 2011. So far we've covered Grady Sizemore of the Indians, Nate McLouth of the Braves, and Scott Kazmir of the Angels.
- We posted a pair of poll questions this week, asking where Justin Duchscherer will sign and who the best unsigned starting pitcher is.
- I rounded up the latest and greatest from around the web in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Here is this week's chat transcript.
- Howard Megdal's latest Jack of all Trades post looked at baseball's tallest players.