Let's take a look back at the last seven days in what will be our final review befor Opening Day 2011:
- Kevin Millwood finally found a home, as the veteran innings eater signed a late minor league deal with the Yankees. Millwood's base salary will be the pro-rated portion of $1.5MM once he is added to the roster. His contract also includes incentives.
- New York also traded Sergio Mitre to the Brewers in exchange for outfielder Chris Dickerson.
- Elsewhere in New York, the Mets finally released Oliver Perez. The lefty hooked on with the Nationals on a minor league deal later in the week. The other oft-criticized Met who was recently released, Luis Castillo, signed a minor league deal with the Phillies as insurance for Chase Utley's injury.
- The Twins may be willing to trade Kevin Slowey for late inning bullpen help after tabbing Scott Baker as their fifth starter.
- The Twins also placed Pat Neshek on waivers this week, and saw the sidearm reliever immediately claimed by the Padres. In other Padre-related news, the club officially began discussing an extesnsion with Heath Bell.
- The Red Sox purchased the Major League contract of Dennys Reyes.
- Drayton McClane is close to selling the Astros to Jim Crane, possibly for more than the $523MM the Rangers sold for last summer.
- The Athletics could extend Daric Barton, and are also interested in discussing a long-term deal with Trevor Cahill.
- The Rangers announced this week that Neftali Feliz will remain in the bullpen, likely ending, or at least temporarily halting the team's trade efforts for a reliever.
- The Angels, Mets, Orioles, Rangers, and Rockies were just five of the eight teams for whom Doug Davis auditioned this past week.
- The Mariners, Brewers, and Orioles all returned their Rule 5 Draft picks to their original clubs.
- The Braves are looking to trade Rodrigo Lopez, and are also still hoping to move Kenshin Kawakami.
- Brandon Wood's time as an Angel may be running out. The former top prospect would almost certainly latch on with another club.
- Mike Hampton officially retired this week. He was joined by Mike Sweeney and Braden Looper as well.
- With roster cuts coming fast and furious, several players were released this week. The Dodgers cut Ron Mahay, the Mariners released Gabe Gross, the Pirates cut ties with Garrett Atkins, and the Padres released Kevin Frandsen. Frandsen signed with the Diamondbacks later that same day. To monitor all of the week's minor moves, check our transactions section or use MLBTR's Transcation Tracker.
Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Tigers Still Successfully Adapting Long After Peralta Suspension David Price Rumors: Tuesday Latest On Matt Kemp Central Notes: Anderson, Cardinals, Ellis, Pirates East Notes: Tanaka, Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Chavez Corey Hart Could Make Decision Tonight East Notes: Mets, Burnett, Phillies, Benoit Central Notes: Arroyo, Twins, Cards, De Aza, Indians Nationals Interested In Justin Wilson, Jerry Blevins West Notes: Gutierrez, Young, Morse, Sizemore, Cruz Mark Trumbo Trade Reactions/Fallout Mark Mulder Making Comeback Bid Four Teams Interested In Jason Hammel Rangers Have Interest in Bartolo Colon D-Backs To Acquire Trumbo In Three-Team Trade With Angels, White Sox
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors