Let's take a look back at the last seven days in what will be our final review befor Opening Day 2011:
- Kevin Millwood finally found a home, as the veteran innings eater signed a late minor league deal with the Yankees. Millwood's base salary will be the pro-rated portion of $1.5MM once he is added to the roster. His contract also includes incentives.
- New York also traded Sergio Mitre to the Brewers in exchange for outfielder Chris Dickerson.
- Elsewhere in New York, the Mets finally released Oliver Perez. The lefty hooked on with the Nationals on a minor league deal later in the week. The other oft-criticized Met who was recently released, Luis Castillo, signed a minor league deal with the Phillies as insurance for Chase Utley's injury.
- The Twins may be willing to trade Kevin Slowey for late inning bullpen help after tabbing Scott Baker as their fifth starter.
- The Twins also placed Pat Neshek on waivers this week, and saw the sidearm reliever immediately claimed by the Padres. In other Padre-related news, the club officially began discussing an extesnsion with Heath Bell.
- The Red Sox purchased the Major League contract of Dennys Reyes.
- Drayton McClane is close to selling the Astros to Jim Crane, possibly for more than the $523MM the Rangers sold for last summer.
- The Athletics could extend Daric Barton, and are also interested in discussing a long-term deal with Trevor Cahill.
- The Rangers announced this week that Neftali Feliz will remain in the bullpen, likely ending, or at least temporarily halting the team's trade efforts for a reliever.
- The Angels, Mets, Orioles, Rangers, and Rockies were just five of the eight teams for whom Doug Davis auditioned this past week.
- The Mariners, Brewers, and Orioles all returned their Rule 5 Draft picks to their original clubs.
- The Braves are looking to trade Rodrigo Lopez, and are also still hoping to move Kenshin Kawakami.
- Brandon Wood's time as an Angel may be running out. The former top prospect would almost certainly latch on with another club.
- Mike Hampton officially retired this week. He was joined by Mike Sweeney and Braden Looper as well.
- With roster cuts coming fast and furious, several players were released this week. The Dodgers cut Ron Mahay, the Mariners released Gabe Gross, the Pirates cut ties with Garrett Atkins, and the Padres released Kevin Frandsen. Frandsen signed with the Diamondbacks later that same day. To monitor all of the week's minor moves, check our transactions section or use MLBTR's Transcation Tracker.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Minor Moves: Rodriguez, Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Ervin Santana Rumors: Tuesday Offseason In Review: Chicago White Sox Out Of Options Players: NL East MLBTR Chat Transcript Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors