Let's take a look back at the last seven days in what will be our final review befor Opening Day 2011:
- Kevin Millwood finally found a home, as the veteran innings eater signed a late minor league deal with the Yankees. Millwood's base salary will be the pro-rated portion of $1.5MM once he is added to the roster. His contract also includes incentives.
- New York also traded Sergio Mitre to the Brewers in exchange for outfielder Chris Dickerson.
- Elsewhere in New York, the Mets finally released Oliver Perez. The lefty hooked on with the Nationals on a minor league deal later in the week. The other oft-criticized Met who was recently released, Luis Castillo, signed a minor league deal with the Phillies as insurance for Chase Utley's injury.
- The Twins may be willing to trade Kevin Slowey for late inning bullpen help after tabbing Scott Baker as their fifth starter.
- The Twins also placed Pat Neshek on waivers this week, and saw the sidearm reliever immediately claimed by the Padres. In other Padre-related news, the club officially began discussing an extesnsion with Heath Bell.
- The Red Sox purchased the Major League contract of Dennys Reyes.
- Drayton McClane is close to selling the Astros to Jim Crane, possibly for more than the $523MM the Rangers sold for last summer.
- The Athletics could extend Daric Barton, and are also interested in discussing a long-term deal with Trevor Cahill.
- The Rangers announced this week that Neftali Feliz will remain in the bullpen, likely ending, or at least temporarily halting the team's trade efforts for a reliever.
- The Angels, Mets, Orioles, Rangers, and Rockies were just five of the eight teams for whom Doug Davis auditioned this past week.
- The Mariners, Brewers, and Orioles all returned their Rule 5 Draft picks to their original clubs.
- The Braves are looking to trade Rodrigo Lopez, and are also still hoping to move Kenshin Kawakami.
- Brandon Wood's time as an Angel may be running out. The former top prospect would almost certainly latch on with another club.
- Mike Hampton officially retired this week. He was joined by Mike Sweeney and Braden Looper as well.
- With roster cuts coming fast and furious, several players were released this week. The Dodgers cut Ron Mahay, the Mariners released Gabe Gross, the Pirates cut ties with Garrett Atkins, and the Padres released Kevin Frandsen. Frandsen signed with the Diamondbacks later that same day. To monitor all of the week's minor moves, check our transactions section or use MLBTR's Transcation Tracker.
Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors