- Manhattan federal judge Jed Rakoff tossed out nine of the 11 counts in Irving Picard's $1 billion complaint against Mets owners Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz, reports Kaja Whitehouse of the New York Post. Rakoff set the ceiling at $386MM in an order issued today, according to the Associated Press.
- Mets manager Terry Collins had this to say to David Lennon of Newsday on impending free agent shortstop Jose Reyes: "I think he'll be back." Reyes presents a lose-lose scenario for the Mets, writes Joel Sherman of the New York Post, because the fan base would be upset if the shortstop leaves but he does not necessarily represent a sound investment. Sherman is of the opinion that Reyes "will receive nothing less than six years for $114MM in free agency," which equates to $19MM per year.
- Reyes was pulled after singling in his first at-bat today, to preserve an NL-leading .3370577 batting average. Strange way to end what could have been Reyes' last game as a Met. Ryan Braun could top Reyes' mark tonight by going 3-for-3 or 3-for-4.
- ESPNNewYork's Adam Rubin analyzes the Mets' upcoming offseason. He believes Mike Pelfrey will return and Angel Pagan will not, and the Mets are also displeased with the recent performance of catcher Ronny Paulino. For estimated salaries on all five arbitration eligible Mets, click here.
- Though the Mets would like to re-sign Chris Capuano, Rubin believes the lefty would have to fight for a rotation spot. I'd be surprised if Capuano is willing to do that.
- Rubin expects the Mets to go outside the organization for a closer, and sign a second lefty as well.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Angel Pagan | Chris Capuano | Jose Reyes | Mike Pelfrey | New York Mets | Ronny Paulino
Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Yankees Offered Infante Three Years, $24MM Pirates, Clint Barmes Agree To Terms Twins Working Hard To Add One More Starter Brewers Could Move Quickly To Add First Baseman Rockies Making Progress On J.P. Howell Giants To Sign Mike Morse Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Padres Acquire Patrick Schuster To Complete Anthony Bass Trade Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic 2013 Rule 5 Draft Results Marlins Nearing Justin Ruggiano Trade Angels Acquire Brian Moran Diamondbacks, Angels Considered Favorites For Garza NL Central Links: Walker, Alvarez, Cards, Rule 5
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors