Here's a look back at some of the analysis and reporting MLBTR's writing team delivered this week..
- Seven years ago this week, the Tigers claimed Colby Lewis off of waivers from the Rangers, writes Mike Axisa. Lewis is set to start Game Three for Texas on Tuesday but was little more than a failed prospect back then.
- We asked MLBTR readers what they think Jorge Posada will do this offseason. 68% of you think that he'll retire, 24% say that he'll sign elsewhere, and just 9% see him coming back to the Yankees.
- With an aggressive approach in free agency and some successful midseason trades, GM Dave Dombrowski turned the the Tigers into a playoff team. Ben Nicholson-Smith took a look at how the Tigers acquired their newest additions.
- The MLBTR GM Candidate series continued with a look at Logan White, the Dodgers’ assistant GM of scouting.
- This week we kicked off the Offseason Outlook for the Twins, Mariners, Cubs, Marlins, and Astros.
- Mike Axisa rounded up the best baseball analysis from around the web in this week's edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- If you missed out on our weekly chat, you can check out the transcript right here.
- Service time could be a factor in whether or not Matt Moore is on the Rays to start the 2012 season, writes Ben Nicholson-Smith.
- Tim Dierkes checked in on the stock of free-agent-to-be Clint Barmes. If the Astros fail to sign Barmes, he could be a more affordable alternative for the Twins, Braves, Phillies, Brewers, Pirates, Cardinals, or Giants.
- The best in-season trade made by a playoff team was the Phillies' acquisition of Hunter Pence, according to 42% of MLBTR readers.
- In total, the Rangers obtained nine of the 25 players on their ALDS roster since last year.
- The prevailing opinion is that Yankees ace C.C. Sabathia will opt out of the remaining four years and $92MM remaining on his contract, since he could easily get more money or years. We asked you how much the lefty's next contract will be worth. Opinions were split but 1,372 MLBTR readers (18%) say that his next deal will be worth $121-130MM.
- The Padres, Cubs, and Nationals were profiled in our Arbitration Eligibles series.
- The fatal flaw with Theo Epstein's disappointing 2011 Red Sox club was starting pitching, which prompted Tim Dierkes to investigate his work assembling rotations.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith took a look at how baseball's newest $100MM players fared in 2011.
- Need a refresher on non-tenders? Don't worry, we got you covered.
- Before the season, MLBTR writers identified 13 players who were set for 'make or break' years. We checked in on them now that the regular season's over.
Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina Cardinals Sign Jhonny Peralta
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL East Notes: Yankees, Ellsbury, Red Sox, Peguero NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee NL Notes: Mets, Nats, Reds, Samardzija, Rockies, D-Backs Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins Cubs Sign Wesley Wright Mariners Could Make Move To Acquire David Price AL Notes: Fister, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rays Red Sox Notes: Bradley, Drew, Napoli, Pierzynski Ellsbury Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Gardner, Choo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Minor Moves: Pridie, Brewers, Twins NL East Notes: Lincoln, Coghlan, Morrison
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors