The Yankees and Rays combined to make one minor trade this season, but the other six playoff teams were active on the trade market in 2011. I recapped each team's in-season trades last week; here are some highlights (production with new team in parentheses):
- Phillies acquire Hunter Pence (.324/.394/.560 with 11 HR in 236 plate appearances) for Jonathan Singleton, Jarred Cosart and Josh Zeid.
- Tigers acquire Doug Fister (1.79 ERA with 7.3 K/9 and 0.6 BB/9 in 70 1/3 innings) and David Pauley for Francisco Martinez, Charlie Furbush, Casper Wells and Chance Ruffin.
- Brewers acquire Nyjer Morgan (.304/.357/.421 in 421 plate appearances) for Cutter Dykstra. Note: though Morgan was traded before the season, I'm including him since he was traded on March 27.
- Brewers acquire Francisco Rodriguez (1.86 ERA with 10.2 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in 29 innings) for Danny Herrera and Adrian Rosario.
- Cardinals acquire Edwin Jackson, Octavio Dotel, Marc Rzepczynski and Corey Patterson for Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet and P.J. Walters.
- Rangers acquire Mike Adams (2.10 ERA with 8.8 K/9 and 1.8 BB/9 in 25 2/3 innings) for Joseph Wieland and Robert Erlin.
Now that you've considered the trades, it's time to vote.