Six years ago today, the White Sox beat the Red Sox by the score of 5-3 in Game Three of the ALDS. The ChiSox swept the ALDS in three games, their first playoff series win since 1917. They went on to beat the Angels in the ALCS before sweeping the Astros to win the World Series, the franchise's first championship since that 1917 season.
You won't have to wait that long for the next edition of BBWI, thankfully. Here is the latest round of links from the baseball corner of the internet…
- Monkey with a Halo breaks down the different types of GMs the Angels can target.
- Red Sox Post listed five candidates to replace Terry Francona as Red Sox manager.
- Royals Review identified Jair Jurrjens as a potential trade target for the Royals.
- South Side Sox looked back at Kenny Williams' decade as GM of the White Sox.
- Capitol Avenue Club tries to figure out what the Braves should do with Martin Prado.
- Pirates Prospects wonders if the Pirates should trade Pedro Alvarez.
- The Beanball looks at the past, present, and future of Cameron Maybin.
- Bay City Ball put together a shopping list for the Giants offseason.
- Giants Nirvana thinks about the Giants and Jimmy Rollins.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness wonders where the Dodgers will get a big bat form.
- Through The Fence Baseball tries to figure out what the Dodgers will do this offseason.
- Call to the Pen says Adrian Beltre is a luxury the Rangers should be happy to pay for.
- Baltimore Sports & Life collected a series of opinions about the Orioles and Prince Fielder.
- U.S.S. Mariner broke down the Mariners current roster.
- Rant Sports Rockies says the Rockies have some options to improve their rotation.
- BoSox Injection says Red Sox baseball is more than just a game.
- Blogging Mets mused about a modified four-man rotation.
- Orioles Nation conducted a study to determine the accuracy of wins above replacement, or WAR.
- Future Closers identified some ninth inning guys with little to no long-term staying power.
- Yanks Go Yard thinks MLB crossed the line with some of their recent Facebook graphics.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.