Agent Paul Kinzer confirmed to reporters today that Aramis Ramirez won’t re-sign with the Cubs. Here are the details plus more notes from the exchange (all links go to Twitter):
- Kinzer says Ramirez won’t be re-signing in Chicago. “That ship has sailed,” he said, according to MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat.
- Ramirez is looking for a four-year deal or a three-year deal with an option, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- Twins GM Terry Ryan expressed interest in re-signing Matt Capps, according to Rosenthal.
- Kinzer has been getting lots of calls on Capps, but the Nationals haven’t called on the reliever, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. Kinzer expects the Blue Jays will have interest, according to Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca, and the agent could see the Mets expressing interest, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.
- The White Sox and many other teams are interested in Shane Lindsay, the Australian right-hander who elected free agency last month, according to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune.