Here's a look back at the original analysis and reporting churned out by the MLBTR writing team over the past week. We'll begin with the GM Meetings in Milwaukee, where our own Ben Nicholson-Smith was reporting ...
- MLB executive VP for baseball operations Joe Torre discussed roster sizes, the use of instant replay in baseball, and realignment.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak ruled out the possibility of the Redbirds pursuing Prince Fielder.
- The Angels were asking around about catchers, according to Ben, who also spoke with new Angels GM Jerry Dipoto about the Halos' plan for the position.
- New Orioles GM Dan Duquette told MLBTR that the O's will likely be bargain hunting for free-agent starters this offseason.
- Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski discussed Justin Verlander's Cy Young-worthy 2011, his preference to keep Ryan Raburn's bat in the lineup, and the odds of Wilson Betemit re-signing with Detroit.
- Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine told MLBTR about Texas' bullpen, the plan for Neftali Feliz, and Mitch Moreland.
- A handful of GMs told MLBTR that they were conducting their offseasons normally despite the uncertainty surrounding the then-unfinished CBA.
- Toronto GM Alex Anthopoulos told MLBTR that the Blue Jays are seeking a "front-to-mid-rotation" starter but that they won't make such a move in haste.
- Pirates GM Neal Huntington talked about signing Rod Barajas and addressed the possibility of re-signing Ronny Cedeno.
And the rest of our standard original work:
- Tim Dierkes wrote up a list of more than 50 players who are candidates to be non-tendered, thus making them free agents.
- Tim polled MLBTR readers about the size of Jose Reyes' next contract.
- Tim hosted the weekly MLBTR chat. Click here for the transcript.
- Mike Axisa dutifully rounded up some of the best pieces from around baseball's blogosphere. Among the hot topics: a proposal for the Mets to retain Jose Reyes, Matt Kemp's new contract, and MLB's realignment.