Here's the latest from the National League East...
- The Nationals "have had little contact with" Roy Oswalt, a source tells MLB.com's Bill Ladson. We heard last week that Oswalt was the Nats' "plan B" once Mark Buehrle signed with Miami. The Nats didn't bid on Yu Darvish and won't meet Oakland's price for Gio Gonzalez, so the club may stick with its current rotation.
- Ladson believes the Nationals will look for bench help before re-entering the pitching market. To that end, Ladson reports the team is maintaining interest in Mike Cameron, Mark DeRosa and Greg Dobbs. (Both links go to Ladson's Twitter account.)
- The Marlins are interested in Rays right-hander Wade Davis, tweets Troy Renck of the Denver Post. With Matt Moore, David Price, Jeremy Hellickson as untouchables and the Rays seemingly determined to keep James Shields, Davis and Jeff Niemann are the most likely Rays pitchers to be moved, if the club does indeed try to deal from its pitching surplus. The inter-Florida rivals have already completed one (lower-profile) trade this offseason, involving righty Burke Badenhop.
- The Mets have talked to Ronny Cedeno and Jack Wilson, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter link). Wilson has been linked to the Mets for a few weeks, but Cedeno is a new name in the mix for the Amazins. The Red Sox and Braves have also had interest in Cedeno this offseason.
- Also from Heyman, the Phillies made Michael Cuddyer an early contract offer worth more than $25MM. The club lost interest in Cuddyer, however, after signing Ty Wigginton and Laynce Nix. Cuddyer agreed to a three-year, $31.5MM deal today with the Rockies.
- Dontrelle Willis sounded confident that he will play alongside his longtime friend Jimmy Rollins with the Phillies next season, reports Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Jose Reyes has yet to speak to Hanley Ramirez since signing with the Marlins, according to The Associated Press. "As soon as I have the opportunity, I'm going to talk to him, because we are very good friends," Reyes said. "We're both here for one reason -- to win the World Series. It doesn't matter where I'm going to play or where he's going to play."
- The Braves will rely on several players aged 24 and under next season, but Fangraphs' Jason Roberts thinks the health of veterans like Chipper Jones and Tim Hudson are bigger concerns for the club.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Dontrelle Willis | Hanley Ramirez | Jack Wilson | Jose Reyes | Miami Marlins | Michael Cuddyer | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | Ronny Cedeno | Roy Oswalt | Tampa Bay Rays | Washington Nationals
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Castellanos, Davis, Armstrong Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana MLB Unlikely To Change Qualifying Offer Before 2016 Jose Bautista, Ervin Santana Leave Proformance Angels Outright John Hester, Robert Carson Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors