Here are the latest draft signings from beyond the first round, with the most recent news at the top of the post….
- The Mariners announced that third-rounder Edwin Diaz and third-round compensation pick Tyler Pike have agreed to terms. Figures weren't announced but Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA (via Twitter) reports that left-hander Pike signed for an $850K bonus, well above the recommended slot value of $370.8K. Diaz is a right-handed pitcher and, as the 98th overall pick, has a recommended bonus of $485.7K.
- The Nationals paid second-round pick Tony Renda a $500K bonus, reports Baseball America's Jim Callis (via Twitter). Renda, a second baseman from Cal, carried a recommended bonus price of $630K as the 80th overall pick.
- The Pirates announced the signing of high school pitcher Jon Sandfort, the club's third-round selection. Terms were not disclosed, but Jim Callis tweets that Sandfort signed for his exact recommended bonus of $462.9K.
- The Royals have announced (Twitter link) the signing of Vanderbilt left-hander Sam Selman, the club's second-round draft pick. Selman signed for a $750K bonus, reports Baseball America's Jim Callis, which is below the recommended $781.6K bonus price for the 66th overall pick. The Royals have now signed 28 of 40 draft picks, including all of their picks from the first 11 rounds.
- Another Royals draft signing, fourth-rounder Kenny Diekroeger, will receive a $500K bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America (Twitter link). The recommended price for Diekroeger's draft position was $346.6K.
- The Orioles have agreed to terms with more than 20 draft picks, reports Steve Melewski of MASNsports.com. The club is "in the very early or beginning stages" of negotiations with first-round pick Kevin Gausman and second-round pick Branden Kline.