Here's the latest on two big market front offices…
- The Cubs announced that they have dismissed vice president of player personnel Oneri Fleita in a press release. Fleita had been with the club since 1995 and oversaw their minor league player development program.
- The Cubs also dismissed baseball information manager Chuck Wasserstrom according to Paul Sullivan of The Chicago Tribune (on Twitter).
- Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein told Sullivan that he plans to make more front office changes, ultimately leading to growth of the department (Twitter links). Assistant GM Randy Bush is in "good standing" with the team.
- In today's Insider-only blog post, ESPN's Buster Olney argues that Red Sox owner John Henry should give full control of the team's baseball operations to GM Ben Cherington in the wake of the latest Bobby Valentine revolt rumors.
- "There is a disconnect in communication between the players and upper management," said Mets catcher Kelly Shoppach to Andy Martino of The New York Daily News about his former team, the Red Sox (Twitter link).