Items out of the AL and NL West..
- Much has been made of the Rangers' Josh Hamilton dilemma this offseason, but GM Jon Daniels will also need to re-tool his pitching staff this winter, writes T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. The Rangers will have money to spend, but also have Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz working their way back from injuries. Martin Perez remains an option for the team as well.
- Jim Tracy told Troy E. Renck and Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post that there wasn't one particular issue that led to his resignation from the Rockies, but rather a number of factors. It would seem that Tracy was irked by some of the club's unconventional ideas and his overall decrease in power.
- Meanwhile, Jason Giambi would retire as a player if he were given consideration for the managerial opening, a source close to the Rockies veteran told Renck and Saunders.
- Given Hamilton's injury history and age, Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com doesn't think that the Rangers should give him more than three guaranteed years in a new contract. However, Durrett believes that there's at least one team out there that will go beyond that for the outfielder. A vesting option for a fourth year based on whether Hamilton stays healthy could be a concession the Rangers could comfortably make.
- Dave Cameron of Fangraphs wonders if Hamilton might be the most confusing free agent ever. Cameron could see the slugger landing a five-year, $125MM deal from a team that chooses to ignore all the risk but can also envision him taking a one-year pact somewhere to prove that his second half wasn't a sign of things to come.
Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
James Loney Rumors: Wednesday Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Adam Kennedy Planning Comeback Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Astros, Tigers Interested In Joba Chamberlain Royals, Yankees Talking To Omar Infante Shin-Soo Choo Rumors: Wednesday David Price Rumors: Wednesday Jerry Hairston Jr. Retires Corey Hart Weighing Options Dodgers Tell Kemp's Agent They Have No Plans To Trade Him Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Eight Teams Showing Interest In Johan Santana Matt Garza Could Sign Within 48 Hours
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors