Most clubs have addressed their significant roster questions by the time players report to Spring Training, but there are always moves to be made. We know that we're likely to see at least one significant move go down as Kyle Lohse remains on the open market, but what else can we expect this month? Let's take a look back at notable transactions made last March with help from our handy Transaction Tracker...
- Trades: Jason Bourgeois and Humberto Quintero for Kevin Chapman and PTBNL (MLBTR post)
- Contract Extensions: Yadier Molina (five years, $75MM), Cameron Maybin (five years, $25MM), Andrew McCutchen (six years, $51.5MM), Glen Perkins (three years, $10.3MM), Alcides Escobar (four years, $10.5MM), Nick Hundley (three years, $9MM), Derek Holland (five years, $28.5MM), Jonathan Lucroy (five years, $11MM), Alex Gordon (four years, $37.5MM), Cory Luebke (four years, $12MM)
- Waiver Claims: Brandon Hicks (A's from Braves), Frankie de la Cruz (Cubs from Brewers), Rick VandenHurk (Indians from Blue Jays), Kelvin De La Cruz (Tigers from Indians), Craig Tatum (Yankees from D'Backs), Zelous Wheeler (Orioles from Brewers)
- Minor League Contracts: Miguel Gonzalez (Orioles), Scott Atchison (Red Sox), Jason Repko (Red Sox), Andy Pettitte (Yankees), Xavier Nady (Nationals), Dontrelle Willis (Orioles), Steve Pearce (Yankees)
- Released: Dennys Reyes (Orioles), Carlos Silva (Red Sox), Alberto Castillo (Dodgers), Joel Pineiro (Phillies), Hong-Chih Kuo (Mariners), Alex Cora (Cardinals), Koyie Hill (Cardinals), Joe Beimel (Rangers), Casey Blake (Rockies), Zach Duke (Astros), Jack Cust (Astros), Steve Pearce (Twins), Preston Mattingly (Yankees)