Here's today's rundown of draft-related news and notable non-first-round signings (slot info courtesy of Baseball America)…
- The Mariners inked second-round selection Austin Wilson to a $1.7MM deal, Jim Callis of Baseball America tweets. The outfielder out of Stanford has huge power potential and a solid arm, according to Callis.
- The Marlins signed second-round pick Trevor Williams for $1.26MM, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America (on Twitter). The Arizona State right-hander boasts a 90-95 mph fastball and shows strong command.
- The Rays signed third-rounder Thomas Milone to a $530K deal, according to Callis (via Twitter). The Connecticut high school outfielder will enter Tampa Bay's system rather than attend UConn.
- The A's signed seventh-round pick Dustin Driver to a $500K deal, according to Callis (Twitter link), which is more than $300K over slot. The Washington high school right-hander shows promise but lacks a consistent secondary pitch.
- The Tigers have signed second-round pick Kevin Ziomek for the full slot value of $956,600, tweets Baseball America's Jim Callis. The Vanderbilt lefty features a deceptive 89-94 mph fastball, solid changeup and average slider, according to Callis.
- Callis adds (also via Twitter) that the Rays have signed an "interesting" non-drafted free agent in Oregon right-hander Clayton Crum. Callis notes that he didn't pitch often for the Ducks but sits 90-94 mph with his fastball and flashes a good slider at times as well.
Zach Links contributed to this post.